New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I am looking at converting a 2001 Patrol from 4X2 to 4X4. Is this simple? How much and where can I get it done?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's simple. merong conversion kit yung hummer philippines for a bit less than 100,000 bucks, but it's sort of a hack job. si boybi yan ang ginamit na kit sa GU patrol niya

sa mga nissan casa ata around 150k to 200k yung conversion, and it includes a forward-facing third-row seat.

better to use factory-spec OEM parts (like the nissan auto hubs against the AVM manual hubs used by hummer phils), imo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just ask boybi what was included in his kit and save yourself a bunch of cash. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it boils down to how much money u want to spend, boybi spent 90k yata but manual hubs sya. dapat bumaba pa sya at ipihit yun sa front wheels nya to engage in full 4l, sa nissan, almost 200k, but auto na yun, u just stop n shift to 4l....go na.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, there are pros and cons to both kinds of hubs. using avm (manual) hubs, i can shift to low gear in 4x2, thus enabling me to climb steep inclines in high traction surfaces without worrying about binding. besides, i can set the hubs in locked position all the time. anyway, this is the setting of the stock 4x2 patrols. you will just feel a little vibration at highspeeds (above 120kph).

ang downside ng auto locking hubs, you will have to reverse the vehicle a few meters to unlock it.

mag hummer kit ka nalang, pwede ka naman bumili ng spare auto locking hubs from the casa (around 35K/set).
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende na talaga sa tao yan kung gusto nila ng auto or manual locking hubs.

i prefer manual, para ma-stuck muna at malaman na naka-2 wheel lang pala ako! hehehe :D

at least sa manual, di mo kelangan maghula kung nadisengage mo na yung locking hubs pag inaatras mo yung sasakyan

2001 Patrol Conversion from 4X2 to 4X4