New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I called my service adivsor to have my escape scheduled for the 1000km checkup and asked what they were gonna do with the vehicle. He said that they would only be tightening the bolts, period. Thats it???? What happened to the Change oil ???

They said that the Japanese cars are the only ones who needs to change oil on the first 1000kms. BS!

Tell me they are wrong!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's more or less the norm now... no oil change at 1000 km. kaya usually free yung 1,000 km service, kasi puro inspections lang yung gagawin.

if it uses fully-synthetic oil, the first oil change is usually scheduled at 10,000 km or 6 months

ganyan yung schedule ng cr-v, rav4, etc...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Kung gusto mo gumastos pwede din..almost P3,000 ung chang oil nyan.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    darn. iba na pala ngayon. its been awhile since ive bought a brand new unit na kasi. Dati kasi, 1st 1000kms eh may change oil na libre.

Would you guys recommend that i change the oil sa 1000km checkup ko? or should i wait for the 5000km checkup? I thnk ang gamit nilang oil is yung shell oil na normal lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check the owners manual... it should be mentioned there. Its something already with the newer cars now (not all though)... but i still dont feel comfy with it as i've gotten used to the 1K change oil when brand new.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat siguro talaga i change oil kasi yun mga contaminants sa engine mo dapat matangal....

kahit ako.. di rin comfortable

pero ako bago pa lang ang ride... walang breakin breakin 100kph kaagad... tukod..

kasi the reason on this is dapat masanay ang engine mo sa sa takbo na yan.. kungid sakal.. especially for the DIESEL Engine.. pero siyempre kanya kanya yan...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    by 1000kms ba, matatangal na yung mga "contaminants" sa engine? baka naman ginawa nilang 5000kms kasi hindi pa matatangal lahat ng contaminants by 1000kms?

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    In my opinion the Ford adviser is right.

Hindi ako nagpachange oil sa first 1000km ko din sa escape. The reason is, the factory uses a special oil on brand new units that is designed for engines that have not yet developed wear marks on its cylinders.

After around 5,000 kms, pwede mo na palitan (and dapat mo nang palitan) nang regular oil. I use Caltex Havoline energy 5W30 semisynthetic dahil wala akong mahanap na 5W20 oil.

Di ba masyado malabnaw yung 5W20 in a tropical country?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Originally posted by hagiber
    In my opinion the Ford adviser is right.

Hindi ako nagpachange oil sa first 1000km ko din sa escape. The reason is, the factory uses a special oil on brand new units that is designed for engines that have not yet developed wear marks on its cylinders.
    They use a special oil? I just called and re-confirmed from Ford Alabang and spoke with their technical department and they said that the oil they use for ford vehicles are the plain Shell Motor Oil. (5W30) - the regular one - (color yellow casing). They dont use any special oil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1000km checkup... No change oil ?!?!?!