New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    does anyone have experience importing cars from Japan?

I have checked the site of an exporter (www.japan-partner.com) and the cars there have really low prices!

does anyone know about import regulations? is it difficult?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ganda nito ha... galing at mura nga!

i can put up a car business nito

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    sir yan din po sana gus2 ko malaman mura nga kc dun compare sa 2ndhand d2, i want to buy used car from japan kaso d ko naman alam pano pagprocess d2 sa pinas, kung magkano tax, bagong rehistro ng car galing sa ibang bansa. sna sa mga my alam help me... hehehe

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Its not advisable. Used car, brand new pareho kayong kakainin sa custom hanggang sa magdugo ka. Lam nyo na mga swapang at bwaya doon. Baka sabihin pa nila na nahulog sa dagat kaya hindi nila makita yong kotse mo. Forget it, ang mas mabuti mag order ka nalang ng used engine and tranny sa Japan then built it your own.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    ay gnun po b sir, grabe pla sa customs, gnun na nga lang cguro dpt gawin. thank u sir n God bless.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Forget the idea. how can i explain this?

After buying the car from Japan or wherever, you will end up surrendering and giving up your car to customs because of their convoluted processes and lagay system. i heard you will have to pay 5 x as much! etc etc, and know the right people to talk to inside before you can take it out.. and i'm willing to bet you can't.. it's no different from dealing with kidnappers

Importing cars are reserved for the big boys who know how to deal with these low lives. Mostly these are gray market dealers selling big ticket items like bullet proof suburbans and porsche cayennes that have extra features not found in the local dealers. They know the ins and outs, and these are mostly people who have blood connections with customs and philippine royalty.

sorry na lang tayo

Cheers

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i 100% agree with the statement above. The BIR and the Customs will do anything to get your car from you and the lagay system is much more complex than einstein's theory of relativity. Mahirap ang import business dito to the point na unless its a family business , starting from scratch is almost impossible.

Sometimes I feel the philippines would do better without a government nor police. They should ALL die.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ok,i know there are some people here who want to import cars from Japan

there's a lot of options. but this two is my advice

a. Just buy it and be ready for the expeneses? tax? lets say almost same price as the car you want to import. LHD convertion? around 400k accdg to my friend. But the customs is your tough opponent. Since they do evil ways, put a strategy on that. Its better if you know anyone in customs

b. ask a car dealer that you want a buy a import car(ex. go to mazda and tell anyone that yu want a FD) then, you and and rep. will talk about the steps to avoid paying too high taxes and etc

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    hanap lang kayo magaling na broker specialty niya yung pag-papasok ng mga cars dito.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by beaneater1001 View Post
    does anyone have experience importing cars from Japan?

I have checked the site of an exporter (www.japan-partner.com) and the cars there have really low prices!

does anyone know about import regulations? is it difficult?
    try www.j-garage.com. More choices

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Importing from Japan