New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    remember the delta mini cruiser made specially for the philippine military as part of the japanese reparation goods? with today's gasoline prices, it would not be a bad idea for toyota motors philippines to make them again. of course, with the permission of tmc japan. the body dies and stamp molds were ordered scrapped when the quota was reached. pretty sure, there is somebody with the blueprints of the vehicle much like the toyota phaeton when the second world war broke, one employee managed to secure and safeguard the prints. from the save blue prints, they were able to replicate the car that is now on display at the toyota museum in nagoya. i wish they make the mini cruiser again, it is a surefire good selling light suv/work truck

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I have always been fascinated with old (classic) vehicles.... Japanese, European or American. Same as you, it would be nice to see one in the flesh.

Here is a file photo of one:

I even remember our local military have these are their "jeeps" during Marcos time.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by barako ba ma View Post
    remember the delta mini cruiser made specially for the philippine military as part of the japanese reparation goods? with today's gasoline prices, it would not be a bad idea for toyota motors philippines to make them again. of course, with the permission of tmc japan. the body dies and stamp molds were ordered scrapped when the quota was reached. pretty sure, there is somebody with the blueprints of the vehicle much like the toyota phaeton when the second world war broke, one employee managed to secure and safeguard the prints. from the save blue prints, they were able to replicate the car that is now on display at the toyota museum in nagoya. i wish they make the mini cruiser again, it is a surefire good selling light suv/work truck

Your idea is not unique. There have been ideas to revive other vehicles like the Tamaraw FX for the local utility vehicle market but Toyota will not entertain such ideas... UNLESS you are a serious investor who is willing to risk your own money to set up a production line for such obsolete vehicles.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Or, you could create your own forms for stamping the parts, as the repro-Willys Jeep makers (like MDJuan) do...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

delta mini cruiser