New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Engine: 280PS (276hp) 3.5 liter dual VVTi V6 from Toyota
    Top Speed: 160mph
    0-60mph: under 5 seconds

The rear seats are intended to be used by children or small adults on short trips.
    A 2-seater model will be made available with a luggage shelf at the back in place of the two rear seats.

The new 2+2 Lotus sportscar and its official model name will be unveiled publicly at the British Motor Show on July 22.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've been waiting to see this one since i heard it announced. i missed the part where they said it had back seats though.

i expect the Eagle to have a 0-60 WAY under 5 secs. the current Elise already does under 5 sec easily with a 4-cyl engine.

too bad Lotus will mostly be a track car or weekend toy for most people. i looked at it during my recent car buying saga and it's just too aggressive and stripped of creature comforts to be a daily driver for the USD 50K+ budget crowd...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wow. parang mas refined-looking elise. tapos may 3.5L engine? feeling ko nasa low 4's ang 0-100 nya.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    i've been waiting to see this one since i heard it announced. i missed the part where they said it had back seats though.

i expect the Eagle to have a 0-60 WAY under 5 secs. the current Elise already does under 5 sec easily with a 4-cyl engine.
    The Elise/Exige are pure compact lightweight sportscars that practically have nothing in them, so a small 189hp 4-cylinder engine is enough to get the car to 60mph in 4.9 sec.
    The "Project Eagle" (official name coming soon) is a 2+2 GT car.
    Being a 2+2 also means its larger and heavier than the Elise/Exige and Europa S(not sold in North America).

i looked at it during my recent car buying saga and it's just too aggressive and stripped of creature comforts to be a daily driver for the USD 50K+ budget crowd...
    Lotus' more refined alternative to the Elise/Exige is the 200bhp Lotus Europa S, too bad its not sold in some markets like North America.

This 2-seater is slightly bigger and heavier than the Elise/Exige and is powered by an Opel sourced 200bhp 4-cylinder turbocharged engine.
    Top Speed: 143mph
    0-60mph: 5.6 sec
    Last edited by AG4; July 16th, 2008 at 03:24 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The official name... "Lotus Evora"

Evora by the way is the name of a city in Portugal.

Size difference between the Evora and Elise and how they fit the 2 extra "emergency" seats between the driver and the engine...

The Evora comes with a long list of standard features (leather seats, air conditioner, satellite navigation, Bluetooth hands-free phone, on-board tire pressure monitoring, reverse camera etc).
    The Evora weighs 1350kg, not bad for a loaded Lotus thats much bigger than an Elise.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    This is what Ferraris should look like. Not the ugly ducklings that are coming out these days...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Curious why Lotus always started their car names with an "E"

Esprit
    Elise
    Elan
    Exige

And now, Evora...?

Eh?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The Evora comes with a long list of standard features (leather seats, air conditioner, satellite navigation, Bluetooth hands-free phone, on-board tire pressure monitoring, reverse camera etc).
    The Evora weighs 1350kg, not bad for a loaded Lotus thats much bigger than an Elise.
    daming features hehe. i once watched an episode of top gear and jeremy clarkson said that "lotus prides itself by not asking what the customer wants, but rather, what he can live without" hehe and for the exige, there are only 2 convenience features available, one electric window on the driver side and another on the passenger side. :hysterical:

New Mid-engined, 2+2 Lotus "Project Eagle" Revealed!