New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Press Release:
    Today, Bentley Motors unveiled the Mulsanne, the company's all-new flagship grand tourer, at the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance in Monterey, California.

The Mulsanne is inspired by the company founder W.O. Bentley's crowning achievement in 1930, the 8-litre. And it was W.O.'s own sensitively conserved company car that shared the podium with the new Mulsanne in Pebble Beach. This early motoring masterpiece represented the last big Bentley that was designed, engineered and built from the ground up by Bentley engineers - until now.

Nearly 80 years later, while paying respect to this illustrious past, the new Mulsanne is a thoroughly modern statement of luxury driving and grand touring. Conceived, styled and engineered entirely at Bentley's headquarters in Crewe, England, the Mulsanne, with its completely new and unique platform, goes into production next year in a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility within the Crewe factory.

Introducing the Bentley Mulsanne at Pebble Beach, where Bentley was the featured marque, Dr. Franz-Josef Paefgen, Chairman and Chief Executive of Bentley Motors, said:

"The challenge we set our engineers was to create a new grand Bentley that would stand as the pinnacle of British luxury motoring, offering the world's most exclusive driving experience. They have responded to this challenge with real passion and the result is a luxury grand tourer that sets new standards in terms of comfort, effortless performance and hand-crafted refinement - the very qualities for which Bentley is renowned."

The Bentley design team, lead by Dirk van Braeckel, have created a flagship that offers the classic sporting, styling cues long-associated with Bentley - expressed in a thoroughly contemporary way.

"From the very first hand sketches in the styling studio, we were inspired by the traditions of the grand touring Bentleys and have sought to evolve this story for a new generation of Bentley enthusiasts."

The return of the Mulsanne name to a car carrying Bentley's iconic ‘Winged B' emblem underlines the company's racing pedigree and nowhere reflects that heritage better than the famed Le Mans circuit, the scene of no fewer than six Bentley triumphs. Few places offer a stronger or more emotive connection with the Bentley marque than the famed Mulsanne corner.

The Bentley 8-litre displayed alongside the Mulsanne in California was first shown at the 1930 London Motor Show. It was the second-built and was W.O. Bentley's company car for two years. Capable of reaching more than 100 mph, the 8-litre demonstrated W.O. Bentley's ambition and ability to build a grand luxury car capable of surpassing every other leading manufacturer of the day. A total of 100 cars were built in 1930 and 1931.

"The 8-litre's breathtaking performance and quality was perhaps the finest example of a ‘pure' grand Bentley. Every mechanical detail carried W.O. Bentley's unique stamp and it was the clearest demonstration of a car built without compromise," commented Dr. Ulrich Eichhorn, Member of the Board Engineering.

"The Mulsanne has been designed with exactly the same guiding principles, so it is entirely fitting that these Bentleys from different eras share the same stage."

The Bentley Mulsanne will go on sale from mid 2010. It will also be displayed at the forthcoming IAA Frankfurt Motor Show (15-27th September, 2009) where Bentley Motors will provide additional product information.
    PS: Roofline and coke-bottle styling reminds me of the Mk3 Ford Cortina, I prefer the styling of the new Rolls-Royce Ghost.
    Last edited by AG4; August 17th, 2009 at 11:38 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If it doesn't come with the umbrella, I wouldn't get it if I had the cash! :p

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If the title weren`t shown. And the front area. I`d thought that it`s a RR Phantom.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If the title weren`t shown. And the front area. I`d thought that it`s a RR Phantom.
    I don't know, the curvy design langauge of the Bentley is totally different from that of Rolls-Royce.
    The larger RR Phantom has sharper lines than the Mulsanne, its modern but elegant.

...better yet, the Phantom's smaller (sleeker) brother, the new Ghost (200EX)

The 2011 Bentley Mulsanne...

...reminds me of a Mk3 Ford Cortina!
    Last edited by AG4; August 19th, 2009 at 12:54 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    It's not that bad. I kinda like it but wouldn't buy one though. I like the rear view and from the side. It has the same problem the Jag S-Type had. Good looking car, as long as it wasn't from the front. Unlike the Jag though the front of this car is growing on. Slowly. But it's a bit 'bling' though. I guess that gives us an idea of what Bentley thinks their main market is though. Rap stars, drug dealers and footballers. Whereas Rollers, in my non-biased opinion, are for aristocrats and proper gentlemen.

.. the Mulsanne brings into mind a dirty picture of the Conti GT raping the Arnage and this being the bastard-child. Hmmm...

Out of curiousty, do you call it soccer or football over there?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hmm, it's just choosing between the craftsmanship of BMW (RR) or VW (Bentley).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    More pics (courtesy of Autoblog)

I'm sure na ito po ang loob ng bagong Mulsanne...

2011 Bentley Mulsanne (Grand Bentley)