New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ei guys I know you've seen the smart fortwo, or the car that is said to be the best & most practical minicar around. It has been featured in the movies THE DA VINCI CODE (starring Tom Hanks) and A GOOD YEAR (starring Russell Crowe). I believe we need the smart fortwo here in the Philippines considering the congestion of our streets, particularly in Metro Manila, and the eternal rise of petroleum fuels. Just check out the smart car's website for more on this intriguing minicar.

Watcha think guys?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by atvfan View Post
    Ei guys I know you've seen the smart fortwo, or the car that is said to be the best & most practical minicar around. It has been featured in the movies THE DA VINCI CODE (starring Tom Hanks) and A GOOD YEAR (starring Russell Crowe). I believe we need the smart fortwo here in the Philippines considering the congestion of our streets, particularly in Metro Manila, and the eternal rise of petroleum fuels. Just check out the smart car's website for more on this intriguing minicar.

Watcha think guys?
    The Smart Fortwo may be economical as far as fuel consumption is concerned, but the level of engineering to make that tiny body structurally safe is immense. That consequently makes it more expensive than what most Filipinos are comfortable with. And the fact that you have to pay the price of the car in taxes when importing it here doesn't help, either. That's one pricey four-wheeled novelty.

Plus it has an extremely limited cargo carrying capacity. Is it cute? Definitely. But is it practical? Hardly. A bicycle makes more sense.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 30th, 2008 at 08:08 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Delikado yan sa mga PUVs natin dito.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [SIZE=6]But look at all of the 'great new choices'[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6]we will have from 'The SMART Car'.....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The SMORVETTE...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The Smaudi A3 AWD![/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The Smamborghini[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]

[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [SIZE=5]The Smorsche![/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]The Smerrari![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

[SIZE=6]And last,but not least, [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6]The Smustang[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    only if every other adult citizen pledges in blood, that he will buy one, then maybe, the car will come in.
    we already have minicars here. are they selling like lotto tickets?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    yup masyado nga pricey ang smart for two, honda jazz make more sense..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    yup masyado nga pricey ang smart for two, honda jazz make more sense..
    Here and even back in Europe, the Smart cars are just too expensive compared to alternatives.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I think Toyota iQ has a greater chance of being released here than the Smart. It's probably even better, too.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Here and even back in Europe, the Smart cars are just too expensive compared to alternatives.
    same here in the u.s. for the same price or less, one can get a versa, fit, yaris, and other subcompacts. i can see this selling well if it starts around $8-9K.

i almost bought a slightly used one for $9k not for mpg, but just for the experience of owning a micro car (and possible profit). plain but roomy inside for two, drives good, great visibility, and it tends to make people smile. the only thing that bothered me was the automated manual transmission. there is a learning curve on how to accelerate smoothly and i figured out right before the test drive was over. if i recall correctly, i timed it by lifting the gas lightly when i feel a shift, otherwise it feels someone else is shifting it intentionally to make it "jerky."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
smart fortwo in the philippines