New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Anyone have the chance to experience the current crop of MGs being sold locally, and would they be worth considering?

At 795T, the MG5 is in the range of the Yaris/Jazz/Accent and personally, looks like an attractive alternative to these staples. I understand it's no longer the famed British mark of old as it is now owned by Shanghai Auto (SAIC), but the design still has that Euro vibe to it.

Do you guys think it's worth a trip to EDSA to check it out (I'm based outside the Metro) or should I just stick with the familiar?

P.S. Posted this in the Other Car Brands section because I'm not sure if it's a Chinese or European marque...
    Last edited by corbon44; April 6th, 2016 at 09:33 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    Anyone have the chance to experience the current crop of MGs being sold locally, and would they be worth considering?

At 795T, the MG5 is in the range of the Yaris/Jazz/Accent and personally, looks like an attractive alternative to these staples. I understand it's no longer the famed British mark of old as it is now owned by Shanghai Auto (SAIC), but the design still has that Euro vibe to it.

Do you guys think it's worth a trip to EDSA to check it out (I'm based outside the Metro) or should I just stick with the familiar?

P.S. Posted this in the Other Car Brands section because I'm not sure if it's a Chinese or European marque...
    Worth looking at? No harm in looking.

Worth buying? Hard to say. No common technology with local Japanese or European cars... not even the Hondas older MG econo-cars were based off of... so parts will have to come from the dealership, and it is unknown if they have enough parts for everything.

Having talked to the guys there, I know they carry the regular spares and that they've already sourced stuff like clutches (even for the automated manual transmission MG3), and prices are supposedly competitive, but I don't know what the wait time is for supplies.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    No common technology with local Japanese or European cars...
    Thanks Niky - I was hoping there would be some common parts, considering SAIC has JVs with VW and GM. Any chance of a review?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    Thanks Niky - I was hoping there would be some common parts, considering SAIC has JVs with VW and GM. Any chance of a review?
    Already did one in the mag for the MG3. Will see about getting the MG6 or other variants for future reviews.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Under na pala ng TCCI tong MG Philippines

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    parang meron sarileng mundo etong brand na to.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    parang meron sarileng mundo etong brand na to.
    Hehe...reminds me of that Matt Damon chinese movie, "Great Wall".[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    this MG brand is owned by SAIC (China)

guess who is also gonna deal with another SAIC brand

Ayala

They're gonna distribute Maxus brand

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Under na pala ng TCCI tong MG Philippines
    does this mean more dealerships and service centers?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mantoy View Post
    does this mean more dealerships and service centers?
    and in terms of customer service, is this good or bad?

the repriced MG ZS is tempting and would this be better than the JAC S2/S3?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast