Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by red67stang View Post
    and this is my muscle car. 67 mustang GT A
    nice! lovely!!! :drool:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Here is a pic of my little road racer . Not quite american muscle but it is in the US. I don't have any pics of the funny in my computer . I will post them when I get home . Nice rides . I wish we could get that Lumina SS here .

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Back in 1982 meron ako nyan.

FIAT X1/9 pa, d pa Bertone. 1300 ang makina, wala a/c. Pero pag nasa EDSA kami, tanggal ang targa, sarap pasyal.

Not very fast, pero SUPER sa curvea and corners.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by funnycar pilot View Post
    Here is a pic of my little road racer . Not quite american muscle but it is in the US. I don't have any pics of the funny in my computer . I will post them when I get home . Nice rides . I wish we could get that Lumina SS here .
    i think you have a pontiac GTO there, right? which is more HP than Lumina SS. :drool:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yes we do have the GTO here . It is very nice but the body looks almost like every other car here . I drove it and I thought it was alot more fun to drive than the Mustang GT or Charger SRT . I had to give them all a try so I went test driving one day (lots of fun if you have nothing better to do ). It was very responsive and I really liked the feel of the clutch . Real nice but I would like a more aggressive body style . I think there were alot of complaints here about its look and Pontiac is supposed to change the look soon . I really like the look of the SS you have there .
    As for my X19 here are some specs on it if you all are interested .
    1500 cc stroked 0.030 which every bit counts when that small. Venolia oversie pistons with 14:1 compression , lightened nife edged crank , Crower billet rods and light weight pins . 40 mm valves , titanium valve locks cam followers , ported polished and cc'd head . lots of messaging on the block , dry sump oil system , twin 44 webbers , stand alone ignition system by Mega jolt Jr. coil per cyl .and a header . Full suspension mods including springs . highly modified struts and mounting positions , spherical bearings instead of bushings , sway bars , camber plates , vented rotors . cooling brake fans on all 4 corners , lots of brake mods . Thats just a bit done to the car .not that fast but lots of fun on the race track in tight corners . Runs just like a slot car .

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    hello guys!can u please give some advise about 68 cougar particularly major probs in restoring it.i saw it advertised and apparently a v6 and all orig but a non runner at the moment.i'm planning to have a look when i go home and if ill be able to have a good deal out of it,i'm going ask my uncle to restore it for me coz i dont have the skill and time to do it myself.thanks in advance...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Well I don't know too much about the couger family . They had nice sequentle turn signals in the rear where the inside one would start then the one on the left then the last one , (real cool). I do know they started remaking the part for this a couple years ago . Until then you were out of luck if yours didn't work . I do know who you can call about this car . Call Year One . They are reproducing parts for it . I think it didn't come with a v 6 . It probably had the inline 6 or the 289 in it . You should be able to put a small block in it real easy . If you have any specific questions just type them here and I will ask around for you . Good luck .I really like that body style myself , it is really a bad ass car or can be .
    hello guys!can u please give some advise about 68 cougar particularly major probs in restoring it.i saw it advertised and apparently a v6 and all orig but a non runner at the moment.i'm planning to have a look when i go home and if ill be able to have a good deal out of it,i'm going ask my uncle to restore it for me coz i dont have the skill and time to do it myself.thanks in advance...
    [/quote]

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    funnycar pilot,

Cheers mate! I will really check that car out coz I've seen some
    photos of a restored coagar on the net and it does looks cool
    especially the grills it looks like a razor hehehe and it flips too(just wonder
    where they got that idea....camaro?)that means a body based on a mustang
    with a pinch of camaro style! I'm just kidding but i think u r right it can kick
    some arse or can be a pain in the arse hehehe ...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    My very car was a 1967 Cougar, it was back in 1979.

The Cougar comes with a 289 engine(mostly with a 2V carb) and C4 auto tranny. Top loader 3 speed manual and 4 speed manual are options. There are examples with 390 and the 428 Eliminator(rare).

Inline six fords are noisy and are more thirsty than the V8.

The hide away headlights are vacuum operated like a Corvette, drum brakes are standard and power disc brakes are optional equipment. Power steering is an option.

The cougar is a couple of inches longer than a standard mustang and the cougar has a more luxurious interior.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    hmmm that's an important piece of information regarding the engine....thanks sir turbo you are really "the man" about muscle cars!...hope this thread about muscle cars will carry on coz it is more informative and you pick up ideas that are very useful...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Classic / Muscle American Cars here