New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Good Afternoon Guys, we have an OPEL Omega 1999 model, problem is the engine, if we are going to fix everything it will surely cost us a lot of money which I think is not really practical anymore and besides the gas consumption is terrible. My dillema is I am planning to change the engine into a Toyota 2C Turbo engine Diesel, I am wondering can somebody help me or at least give me feedback on my plan? Or does somebody here knows a good mechanic that can do it? Please thanks in advance!

Would get quite underpowered with the 2C. If you want to adapt a Toyota diesel engine into an Opel Omega you could consider a 3L.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by igiboy07 View Post
    Good Afternoon Guys, we have an OPEL Omega 1999 model, problem is the engine, if we are going to fix everything it will surely cost us a lot of money which I think is not really practical anymore and besides the gas consumption is terrible. My dillema is I am planning to change the engine into a Toyota 2C Turbo engine Diesel, I am wondering can somebody help me or at least give me feedback on my plan? Or does somebody here knows a good mechanic that can do it? Please thanks in advance!
    Wouldn't it be better to cut your losses and simply sell the car as-is and then buy a 2nd hand corolla, civic or sentra?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    you try inquire first for the opel omega parts. not too expensive the parts.
    7239606 Parts.com.ph

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi!

May I know what the engine problem is?

Thanks

Opel Omega Engine transplant HELP!!