New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    mrpink, if they made a mistake, you can file a dispute. It took me 18months to resolve my disputes for wrong info on my credit file.
    .. 18 months .. tagal din pala .. habulin ko siguro if i was in the US .. pero since andito naman ako sa manila at wala naman akong plans manirahan sa US .. wala akong burning desire to pursue it .. at thanks sa info .. i'll check the site ..

edit:
    .. checked the site .. di ko ma-fill up .. wala naman akong current or previous address sa US na pwede ilagay .. heck .. i don't even remember what my address was in 2000 .. hehe ..
    Last edited by mrpink; August 3rd, 2005 at 11:00 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxsti
    credit card from the Phil, has no bearing.
    This isn't true, especially if you hold international bank cards like HSBC, CitiBank (esp citibank, kaya sa mga nagkakabad credit sa Citi, yari hehe), SCB, etc.

My sis got a unsecured gold card when she was in AZ before and all they used for credit check was her HK citibank card.

Conversely, may kakilala ako may utang na malaki sa Citi dito, when he applied for a card sa singapore denied sya and dun na sya sinisita hehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Conversely, may kakilala ako may utang na malaki sa Citi dito, when he applied for a card sa singapore denied sya and dun na sya sinisita hehe.
    Very true. Dun sa likod ng appication form ng credit card (nabasa ko dun sa amex), meron doon, in fine prints, allowing the card company where you are applying for, para makita yung iyong previous credit history which includes allowing them to share info, your credit history with other financial companies.
    I also had initial bad experience with citibank. First CC ko is a visa issued by a japanese company nung sa japan pa ako based. Pag uwi ko diyan sa atin, unang apply ko sa citibank, denied, anak ng pating di ko maiintindihan. Samantalang yung BPI, binigyan kami ng pre approved na CC (di nga lang malaki credit limit). Nung pangalawa, ako na inalok ng card ng agent ng citibank, sinabi ko bad experience ko, nabigyan naman ako (sabi ng agent,nagkamali daw yung CI nila). tsk!tsk!tsk!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Very true. Dun sa likod ng appication form ng credit card (nabasa ko dun sa amex), meron doon, in fine prints, allowing the card company where you are applying for, para makita yung iyong previous credit history
    They have to see your prior credit history, its called creditworthiness. Your credit history will determine your credit limit.

allowing them to share info, your credit history with other financial companies.
    Nowadays, they wont share your info without your consent. When you get approved and the card is sent to you, there's a follow-up letter asking your permission to share your credit info with their partners. Of course, you can always say NO and they wont share your credit info.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    leasing normally requires you a total of $3000 upfront to pay for the fees.

unlike financing, $0 downpayment will do.

California, you are better off having your own car. They lack public transportation like NYC. Sure, may public transportation but not as easy as NYC public transp.

i.e. to get from point a to point b in Cali, you would typically transfer 3 times eh neighboring city lang naman pupuntahan mo. Whereas, NYC subway is all over the city.

mrpink, you are correct. You dont have to bother since wala ka namang balak manirahan sa US or kumuha ng CC from US. Hopefully, kapag nag-apply ka ng Int'l card like Citibank, hindi ka masita sa credit history mo.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    meron palang low downpayment sa financing dyan? i hope i can get it kasi i will really need a car while job hunting.

andy

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang baba sobra ng financing sa US, parang giveaway nanga eh, unlike dito ang taas ng interest.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nowadays, they wont share your info without your consent. When you get approved and the card is sent to you, there's a follow-up letter asking your permission to share your credit info with their partners. Of course, you can always say NO and they wont share your credit info.
    Okay diyan sa US, pero sa Philippines and other asian countries, meron pa din yata nito.
    Last edited by totoybato; August 4th, 2005 at 03:54 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    mrpink, you are correct. You dont have to bother since wala ka namang balak manirahan sa US or kumuha ng CC from US. Hopefully, kapag nag-apply ka ng Int'l card like Citibank, hindi ka masita sa credit history mo.
    .. the only reason why i wanted to re-open an account in the US was to get a CC .. makes online shopping so much easier .. hehe .. very few sites allow non-US issued CCs kasi ..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mr.Pink actually kung nagopen ka sa US ng account sa bank your debit card can be used as a CC as long as may pera ka sa account.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
What's the best way to build credit for someone who has none?