New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ^^ Experian,Equifax & TransUnion

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    if things go the way i want, i will be staying for the medium term. well, no matter what type of credit my cousin has, i am sure it is better than mine, which is none. pwede ba ang co-maker, from another state?

well, all i really need is a car when i get there, the rest of my expenses i can use my Philippine credit cards, so i guess a co-maker will be the best bet.

andy

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    checked the sites .. need to apply pa pala .. just wanted to check what my credit is .. closed an account around oct of 2000 .. tried to open a new account in 2002 .. got denied because i had outstanding debts raw sa 2000 account ko .. called the bank .. said the i had transactions for november .. told them that's not possible because i closed it oct .. clerical error pala .. but it's already a record in my credit history .. it'll clear up pa raw after 5 years .. wanted to check .. grrr ..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mrpink, if they made a mistake, you can file a dispute. It took me 18months to resolve my disputes for wrong info on my credit file.

Meron namang one-time credit check from those 3 credit bureaus. I think $12.00 lang iyon. Im subscribed to Equifax Credit Watch where they send me text and email alerts whenever an activity is posted on my credit history.

mrpink, try this as well.

www.freecreditreport.com

Also, in California, we are entitled to one credit report annualy.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by missZ
    are you staying here for good?
    if someone is gonna co-sign you when purcahsing a car
    make sure this person has a good credit history because
    it's going to reflect on you.
    cutie, this is not true ;)

your cosigner's credit rating matters only on whether you get approved for the loan. the effect on your credit rating is determined on whether you pay the installments on time or not.

Quote Originally Posted by luckytruck
    pwede ba ang co-maker, from another state?
    yes, this is fine

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    ayos, pwede pala different state, yung mga relatives ko na mga doctor at abogado sa states, tanong ko kung matulungan nila akong makakha ng mababang car loan/lease

andy

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    goodluck Andy!

Sometimes, asking for help from relatives are harder than getting approved with no credit history

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    hehehehe, i hear you on that

ano yung mga pop-up sa internet na "we wil help you get a loan, even with bad credit"?

stir ba yung mga yun?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by luckytruck
    hehehehe, i hear you on that

ano yung mga pop-up sa internet na "we wil help you get a loan, even with bad credit"?

stir ba yung mga yun?
    hindi po stir...but they will charge you staggeringly high interest rates because you are "risky". parang US version ng 5-6

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    naku, hwag na lang

guys, what are you opinions on leasing brand new vehicles. According to my cousin, kung short ka ng cash at the start, this is the way to go daw.

wala bang bus and other public transpo sa California? or is it better, in the long run, to get a small car?

andy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
What's the best way to build credit for someone who has none?