New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gentlemen,

Anyone there in Dubai? Could you please give an estimate or give us some idea on how much is the taxi fare there in Dirhams, specially, from Burr Dubai to the Mall of Emirates, back and forth?

Expensive nga ba?

Bur Dubai is a big area. What particular place in Bur Dubai? Mall of the Emirates is located on Shaikh Zayed Road.

I think counted lang yung nakasakay ako ng taxi rito, because there's a bus which is way cheaper and also i own a car.

The taxi fare, start at 3.00AED and a flag down of 50fils(.50AED) in every 100 meters(not so sure about it).

From Karama(Bur Dubai Area) going to MOE, the taxi fare is approx. 50AED.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.8XLi View Post
    Bur Dubai is a big area. What particular place in Bur Dubai? Mall of the Emirates is located on Shaikh Zayed Road.

I think counted lang yung nakasakay ako ng taxi rito, because there's a bus which is way cheaper and also i own a car.

The taxi fare, start at 3.00AED and a flag down of 50fils(.50AED) in every 100 meters(not so sure about it).

From Karama(Bur Dubai Area) going to MOE, the taxi fare is approx. 50AED.

If you're going there on a visit, and if you have an international license (around 1, 000 pesos?)...i guess it would be better if you rent a car...there are a lot of car hire companies that may ask you about 80 - 120 dirhams (depending on the car make available - nissan maxima, toyota...nb.4 x 4 are way too expensive) for a full day's rent.this way, you can go visit other places like ibn batuta mall and the awesome jumeirah strip where burj al arab and wild wadi are situated at your leisure and comfort...driving in dubai is a good experience as long as you know the rules and have a good sense of the road and the radars?haha!...for 50 dirhams or a 100 dirhams to and fro bur dubai, that is quite expensive. if you decide to take a cab, make sure you have a hanky coming in handy as the 'patan' drivers tend to smell spicy and sweaty, like the smell of a newborn puppy...well not all the drivers...goodluck!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gonna stay at Karama for 7 days due to a seminar my company asked my to attend with at Kempinski Hotel Mall of Emirates. Medyo malayo, nga. Hindi pa naman ako familiar sa Dubai, hanggang airport lang ako palagi......

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroZ28 View Post
    Gonna stay at Karama for 7 days due to a seminar my company asked my to attend with at Kempinski Hotel Mall of Emirates. Medyo malayo, nga. Hindi pa naman ako familiar sa Dubai, hanggang airport lang ako palagi......
    It should be a company's expense bro in your case. Ask ka additional allowance. Talaga medyo malayo ang Karama going MOE. Anyway, in that area merong mga private cars with Filipino Drivers na pumapasada(illegally). Bale you can hire them with lesser fare compare to regular taxi. There is also a bus heading to that route but yun nga lang dapat maaga ka, matagal ka makarating.
    Last edited by awing; June 28th, 2007 at 02:04 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Oo, sagot naman ng company lahat. Pero, mas maige kung makakatipid ako para may pang good time in case.

By the way, san kaya ako makakakuha ng mga Pinoy na nagta-transport? Saan ko pwede sila hanapin?

Bro, baka may mga contact na kayo dyan na pwede kong kontratahin to pick me up from Karama to MOE, back and forth.

Punta lang kayo sa Al Attar Mall sir, kilalang-kilala tong place sa Karama Area din and marami nakatambay. Sorry wala akong kilala na driver duon. Pero sure may makukuha ka, anyway temporary lang naman.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Maraming salamat sa mga advice nyo.

Quote Originally Posted by mangdencio View Post
    If you're going there on a visit, and if you have an international license (around 1, 000 pesos?)...i guess it would be better if you rent a car...there are a lot of car hire companies that may ask you about 80 - 120 dirhams (depending on the car make available - nissan maxima, toyota...nb.4 x 4 are way too expensive) for a full day's rent.this way, you can go visit other places like ibn batuta mall and the awesome jumeirah strip where burj al arab and wild wadi are situated at your leisure and comfort...driving in dubai is a good experience as long as you know the rules and have a good sense of the road and the radars?haha!...for 50 dirhams or a 100 dirhams to and fro bur dubai, that is quite expensive. if you decide to take a cab, make sure you have a hanky coming in handy as the 'patan' drivers tend to smell spicy and sweaty, like the smell of a newborn puppy...well not all the drivers...goodluck!
    this is a good advice! camaro for your location medyo malayo ka sa city area, kaya masadvisable na magrent ka ng tsikot dito sa dubai. for 1wk mas mura ang offer ng car rental. just remember mahirap maghanap ng transpo dito sa dubai lalo na kung peak hrs. kung carlift naman ang paguusapan mapakabayan o mapaibang lahi i would not advise you to take one... kasi (wag naman sana) kapag maaksidenta ka at ikaw ay nakavisit visa at nakasakay sa illegal taxi maari ka pang makulong. major offence na kasi ang mga illegal taxis(carlift) dito sa dubai. kung wala kang international driving lic wala kang choice kung hindi magtaxi o kaya naman magbus wag lang carlift.

Taxi Fare In Dubai, How Much?