New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Kulang yata ako sa kape when I posted that reply. :twak:

Anyway, this current Nursing brouhaha will die down sometime around 2010 I believe. Some say that the new boom would be for jobs abroad would be PT (less work but with similar pay).
    That's projection from historical trends. The PT cycle peaked last decade, then went down dramatically. Nursing boomed in the 80's before that (explosive growth of nursing actually helped build our schools).

But nobody knows if the nursing market will become oversaturated and closed, or if it'll just settle into a steady-state. By 2012, the "baby boomers" will be about 65 (retirement age), and by 2017, they'll be 70. Demand for nurses and caregivers at that point will be positively huge.

Pero, smart money is on PT. If you go to Nursing now, there are more and more restrictions on nurses nowadays. Education is also good... not as big, in terms of money as Nursing, but America sorely needs teachers.

So does the Philippines, but we don't have the money to pay them.

Hehe... kape, kita kits sa 27, libre kita.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    People are going abroad kasi hindi naman bawal. Myself can stay and in the Philippines and earn 50K a month but its more than 5 times in here so why bother work there.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Kulang yata ako sa kape when I posted that reply. :twak:

Anyway, this current Nursing brouhaha will die down sometime around 2010 I believe. Some say that the new boom would be for jobs abroad would be PT (less work but with similar pay).
    die down? do you have a link?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    once the remittances dry up, we're dead. sabi nga dun sa isang column, etong generation na nagmigrate ang nagreremit. once they realize that the country they're in offers a better deal, and then start a family of their own, ung susunod na generation will not bear any emotional ties to RP anymore....and they may not see the act of remitting money to relatives they don't even know as their responsibility

seeing a great number of population going out of the country, be it permanent or not, is not something any government should be proud of.
    Agree. It's not something our country could proudly tell everybody. This means that something's not quite right in here..... Anybody in the government really giving a damn?

:beam:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My wife just told me now that its only 10%? Balony!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma_34 View Post
    die down? do you have a link?
    It's based on trending. Most veterans in health education predict this based on historical trends (there's a six to eight year cycle for Nursing and PT demand), but, like I said, the retirement of the baby boomer generation may upset that trend.

Pero, we have to be prepared for the fact that demand for Philippine nurses might not increase with any future demand increase, as other countries are getting in on labor export (beware the Chinese!), and the US has a much quicker Nursing Curriculum than we do (they're not encumbered by our long BS program, and can churn them out in less time).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    People will stop looking for work abroad when working abroad is no longer worth it.

Like if the peso appreciates to the point where the pesos u get for every dollar u make is not worth the effort anymore.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ang kailangan ngaun ng pinas ay mga entrepreneur... Tinatak kasi sa mindset natin ang "empleyado mentality" ng ating mga magulang. Kaya kung alang mahanap na trabaho sa pinas o kaya na liliitan sa sweldo mag a-abroad...Chinese are very succesful sa negosyo sa pinas kc ang tinuturo sa kanila ng magulang nila ay ganito " Anak mag aral kang mabuti para pag laki mo makapagtayo ka ng negosyo". Tayong mga pinoy ay ganito " Anak mag aral ka ng mabuti para pag laki mo makahanap ka ng magandang trabaho"... OFW din ako pero uwi ako next month dahil magnenegosyo na ako....Kaya sana naman ung gobyerno natin ayusin na nila ang pamamalakad nila jan.... Patalsikin na yang glorya na yan!!!!!!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    maybe it's just a matter of perception

before the sign of progress in any country is opening up of manufacturing and production companies.

now, pabrika na tayo ng bata, at yan ang ineexport natin sa mundo mga tao, pinoy. in return, they remit dollar$

for countries like China, Taiwan, puro merchandise goods ang export product

dito, tao ...

and Malacanang seeing this, lalo pa pinahihirapan ang tao para lumikas. pahirap means more dollars coming in

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    That's projection from historical trends. The PT cycle peaked last decade, then went down dramatically. Nursing boomed in the 80's before that (explosive growth of nursing actually helped build our schools).

But nobody knows if the nursing market will become oversaturated and closed, or if it'll just settle into a steady-state. By 2012, the "baby boomers" will be about 65 (retirement age), and by 2017, they'll be 70. Demand for nurses and caregivers at that point will be positively huge.

Pero, smart money is on PT. If you go to Nursing now, there are more and more restrictions on nurses nowadays. Education is also good... not as big, in terms of money as Nursing, but America sorely needs teachers.

So does the Philippines, but we don't have the money to pay them.

Hehe... kape, kita kits sa 27, libre kita.
    i doubt that nursing market will reach a saturation point.

just as our fellow countrymen complain everday due to lack of resources. developed countries are consuming as much as they can have into their bodies and health.

and like the balance that it is of our nature, kelangin ng mga sugapang/matatakaw na foreigners na'to ang mga nurses kasi mga sobra-sobrang na-consume nila babalikan sila pagtanda in terms of sickness and disease.

so I guess it's just a cycle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Rising dependence on OFW remittances alarming