New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Same thing what the embassy dito told me yesterday kasi tinawagan ko agad ang sabi nga until the expiration then after mo mag renew hindi na green ang magiging passport mo.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    pinasa po ulit sa email ko yan

Hello,
    This email came from my sister in Phil.
    Annie

DFA ADVISORY : Effective on or before Jan 01, 2010, all "GREEN" passports should be renewed to the new "MAROON" machine readable passport whether still valid or not.
    "GREEN" passports will not be honored on or after the said date.

Filipino citizens abroad holding "GREEN" passports should renew their passports in whichever country they are now, if they wish to come home to the Philippines on or after January 1, 2010
    They are already issuing the new "MAROON" machine readable passports so long as you produce an NSO Birth Certificate from the Philippines, with the help of your relatives.

Requirements:
    1. Photocopy of two valid ID's (SSS, TIN, Driver's licence , PRC, School ID, hardbound,
    Company ID, and other acceptable valid ID's)
    2. 4 pieces passport sized pictures - royal blue background, polo /blouse with collar,
    no sleeveless, no eyeglasses, no big or danggling earrings
    3. Old passport with signature
    4. Renewal application form
    5. Personal appearance with DFA

CONTACT YOUR TRAVEL AGENTS!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    For me, it does not really make sense to 'force' current 'green' passport holders to renew them earlier than their normal expiration period.

I think this is only a money making hoax.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Now I'm confused. They seemed to be talking of two things, the green passport and the machine readable passport (MRP).

They said the green passport will not be honored after January 2010. They also said we should have the maroon MRP.

I have the brown passport which is valid until 2012. But I don't think it is the maroon MRP one. Does that mean it will still be valid until its expiration date even if it is not machine readable?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've read this like last year about the Machine Readable Passports being the only type of passport that would be granted entry among ICAO compliant countries. Deadline of the said countries to issue MRP is April 2010 (in most countries they've self-imposed JAN 2010).

Anyway, mine will expire on 2012 but renewal is only 500 so it's not really a big deal as we're gonna get a new passport anyway. I'll renew mine soon before the Summer to avoid the DFA rush.

What I just don't understand is why do we need to bring pictures? I don't remember bringing any picture when I had my green passport. If I remember correctly, they just took photos themselves.
    Last edited by Horsepower; February 3rd, 2009 at 08:06 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    BTW, make sure you are getting the Machine readable e-passport (with RFID chip).

After the machine-readable passport, now comes the e-passport
    07/18/2008 | 06:31 PM
    Email this | Email the Editor | Print | ShareThis
    MANILA, Philippines — If you are the owner of a manually scripted passport (green or brown) that is still valid beyond 2008, don’t rush into replacing it with a machine-readable passport.

Reason: The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) is scheduled to issue “electronic passports" to the public starting December.

According to the DFA, the “e-passport" is more advanced than the machine-readable passport in that it has a 64-kilobyte microchip where the security features and personal data of the holder are stored, making it difficult for syndicates to commit passport fraud.

In mid-2007, the DFA main office and the more than 40 Philippine embassies and consulates have issued 1.4 million machine readable passports.

The DFA said the newer version of the Philippine passport aims to combat fraud and tampering of the travel document. Consular Affairs Assistant Secretary Domingo Lucenario said the e-passports will be supplied by the French company Francois Charles Oberthur, which bested 14 other companies in a bidding conducted by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas on June 26.

Consular Affairs Assistant Secretary Domingo Lucenario on Friday said Francois is the supplier of e-passports in Belgium, touted as the first country to comply with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standard. Sixty other countries have reportedly started issuing e-passports in compliance with the new global standard.

Lucenario said e-passports will first be issued in October to diplomats and government officials but it will be available to the public only in December.

Francois won the contract with a bid of P859.7 million, well below the approved budget cost of P970.5 million, the DFA said. GMANews.TV

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Langya....kare-renew ko pa lang ng passport ko eh there's a chance pala na magre-renew na naman ako after 12 months, dahil sa e-passport? Sheesh...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    BTW, make sure you are getting the Machine readable e-passport (with RFID chip).
    Paano ma-check Sir? thanks

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Anyway, mine will expire on 2012 but renewal is only 500 so it's not really a big deal as we're gonna get a new passport anyway. I'll renew mine soon before the Summer to avoid the DFA rush.
    500.00 lang ba renewal sir?? ano yan sa DFA?? pag MRP ba hindi na pwede yung dial-a-passport na lang?? para hassle free?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yes, 500 lang naman talaga ang cost ng passport ever since.

AFAIK, kailangan personal appearance for this new passport because of fingerprint scanning among others.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Philippine Passport Advisory