New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, let's just say that when you get used to driving a Honda tranny, Subaru tranny will feel shitty and notchy and going on reverse is one helluva PITA. :mad: Im not sure if the STi 6spd tranny feels the same. There are lots of tranny complaint and sometimes Subaru Dealership wont even honor your warranty. They'd tell you that you have been driving/racing the car so that voids your warranty. Oh wow, why do Subaru endorses/advertises the WRX Rally car? Why do they have a free membership for SCAA when you get the car? Do they reallly think owners would baby this ****en car?

Okay, Im halfway done venting...hehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehee.... good thing I asked about it...
    the Wrx Sti was one car I was seriously looking at
    other than the Evo 8...

although... my uncle has had 2 diff. subaru cars since he got to the states a long while back... he told me never to get one... sirain daw kasi eh...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by need4speed
    hehehee.... good thing I asked about it...
    the Wrx Sti was one car I was seriously looking at
    other than the Evo 8...

although... my uncle has had 2 diff. subaru cars since he got to the states a long while back... he told me never to get one... sirain daw kasi eh...

Not sure about sirain. A lot of people I know who own/owned Subarus are pleased with them. I had one noon [87 GL] and okey naman. My aunt has the Legacy Wagon '95 and okey pa hanggang ngayon. And twice na nila na-cross-country. Like what karding said, matigas lang xmission compare to like Honda pero they are pretty reliable.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If only Subaru had a Honda Engineer designed the tranny, my Roo would have been perfect Maybe the tranny for WRX wasn't meant to run on a Turbo engine [?] maybe it was just designed for N/A like the 2.5RS. Or a Synchro on a reverse would be great.

Well, that was my only complain and I always hope not to go on reverse specially in a Mall parking lot where there are lots of people to hear me grind/pop the tranny :hihihi:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ic jesi...

i was just narrating his experience.
    I personally have never had one, so I can't really
    say anything.

I saw C&D a week ago, they did a head to head between the 2k3 Evo 8 and the 2k4 Scooby... although the scooby had more ponies, the Evo seemed to get better results overall... the Test Driver (who was an editor or something for C&D) said that the 2k4 Scooby had more *Umph* (meaning more torque due to it being a 2.5 L over the Evo's 2.0)... But the Evo handled better. Nonetheless he said there were a fine choice either way.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, seen the C&D and most reviews on both the STi and EVO VIII are almost the same. But editors noted if you want a Daily driver friendly, go for STi. Nonetheless, I'll take both any day.

Also, the only thing thats holding me back from trading my WRX with another car is its boxer engine sound...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    langya kayo...pano naging wrx vs. evo tong a/s/l thread? :lol:

well, to add my 2 cents in, have you considered the 350z track edition? test drive one and i'm sure you'll be impressed!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahahaha * M54, ikaw lahat may kasalanan nito eh, :hihihi:

ulitan na lang ng ASL kaya?! :bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Karding
    hahahaha * M54, ikaw lahat may kasalanan nito eh, :hihihi:

ulitan na lang ng ASL kaya?! :bwahaha:

hehehe * karding... lolz

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ako gusto ko ng touareg..hehehe..

hmm..saya naman dito..nakikibasa lang ha..hurhurur..

dami din palang mga OFW tsikoteers..mabuhay kayo!! hwag kayo mamatay jan ha..hehehe..jokjokjok

teka-teka.. nakapag-register ba kayo para sa coming elections? sabi kasi dito 17% lang nga mga OFW's ang nakaregistro ngayon..

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Overseas members! Binyagan ang forum!! A/S/L