The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ....Sad but true.............

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Why feed piranhas? Diba bawal mga pirnaha sa Pinas?
    i think leech, parasite, or vulture is more apt

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Totoo nga 'to pero not most,,,,,parang galit sa pera kung gumastos

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    siguro yung mga anak na lumalaki, alam nila na nasa abroad yung magulang nila.. and pinapadalan sila parati ng pera para sa mga needs/wants nila.. so yung mga anak, sige lang, bili lang ng bili ng kung anu ano.

being away from the family, the only form of "affection" that some ofw's show is through "providing" what the family needs. parang ang nangyayari eh money factor lang ang napupunan ng attention... not really the emotions of the family members.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I have some co-workers. lagi na lang kulang ang padala sa pamilya. lagi na lang reklamo sa baba ng sweldo..wala increase..wala overtime..

Dami niya pa mga pinapagawa at utang daw sa pinas..pero nung may nagbenta ng 2nd hand na High end Phone at High End Laptop..bili agad...kahit na meron pa siyang old phone at Laptop....pati pa kung anu anu tools..mura daw kasi..kaya ipon daw siya..mag maganda daw tools dito compared sa atin..

Di ko talaga maintindihan. Pinagsabihan ko na nga kahit mas matanda sa akin..pero hala..sige pa rin. Mali talaga ang priorities.

Ako pagumuuwi ako..dala ko lang is chocolates at pistaccio. Yan laman ng maleta ko till umabot ng 25kgs.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisboy View Post
    siguro yung mga anak na lumalaki, alam nila na nasa abroad yung magulang nila.. and pinapadalan sila parati ng pera para sa mga needs/wants nila.. so yung mga anak, sige lang, bili lang ng bili ng kung anu ano.

being away from the family, the only form of "affection" that some ofw's show is through "providing" what the family needs. parang ang nangyayari eh money factor lang ang napupunan ng attention... not really the emotions of the family members.
    This is really what I am afraid of. I know a lot of former OFW's na ang gulo gulo ng buhay nila. Meron nga sila magaganda bahay and kotse etc..pero di maganda ang relationship ng mga anak nila sa kanila.

Sometimes, it defeats the purpose of being an OFW. I do not want to find out that after all the long years of working abroad, parang meaningless ang paghihirap at existence ko.

Madalas ko nga iniisip....if my parents had to choose between being employed locally or as a OFW's...I think that I will never in my life complain kung mahirap or wala kami pera...but...I would definitely hurt deep in my heart kung wala ang parents ko sa tabi ko when I need them the most. Money cannot buy happiness and peace of mind.:cry:

What do you think?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If there's one guaranteed thing that OFW phenomenon creates, it's a parentless society...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    If there's one guaranteed thing that OFW phenomenon creates, it's a parentless society...
    not exactly parentless, it is more of a less parent society..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I guess I am lucky then... there are no leeches surrounding me, and I have relatively modest purchases such that I can still save.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    yes sir Dont. agree with you 100%.

being away from home takes its toll on the person that is away, and the ones he/she left behind. and when they get to meet up again, parang nangangapa what to do and what to feel. worst case is that the ofw parent get treated like he's not there.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Most OFWs, One Day Millionaires?