New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Self-pity....

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    di naman siguro iniinsist yung P50/1USD, sinasuggest lang, pero alam na natin na imposibleng mangyari yan. sana man lang maramdaman natin na bumaba kahit konti ang mga presyo ng prime commodities sa pinas. dahil sa pinas majority.., ginagastos ang kinita ng mga OFW's eh,,

mga marinong mahilig sa "patay sindi" lie-low muna tayo, isa na ako ron....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    As far as i know the petition is asked only for legitimate ofw.- Meaning, incase this petition is granted, it is only the legitimate ofw who has proper docs with poea/owwa is eligible/entitled for this benefit. I dont think such will have an effect to the alleged rising economy if it realy was.

Another thing, i believe majority of these ofw's who initiated said petition are those within the below average level of income. So, the gov't may opt to give priority and help these ofw having income below $500.

On the issue of 'new heroes of the present time'. Haven't heard anybody from the ofw side claiming they are one, It's again branded by the gov't to ofw's.

Lastly, ofw have too much to sacrifice working outside the country. If the gov't could provide a decent job for everybody, i don't think anybody would choose to work abroad leaving their loved ones back home for a very long period of time.

Paying taxes 1/3 of your salary is the price you only pay atleast and you are still lucky to have a job back home which does'nt give you the burden of boredom and homesickness.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Cost cutting muna sa mga gastos...then tipid.....nakaraos naman ang family ko with the meager earnings I get before I became OFW. Sa awa ng Diyos, I am thankful for the Blessings and it's only a matter of attitude yan eh,,,sabi nga nila...more earnings,,more spending.....to each his own naman...adjust lang muna tayo....ganyan talaga ang buhay diba?....diskarte lang muna for the family....kung anong meron.....make the most of it.....peace......

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    [SIZE=2]The petition letter originated in Jeddah. They call themselves as V-team. I hope their main objective is to help Filipino workers earning $500 and below. They (V-team) need some help to gather a great number of signatures so as to hear their grievances.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I sympathize with the group. I want also to help those people. I pity them coz i was once earning before around350 dollars a month in Kuwait. Mahirap din ako noon..ngayon nakakaraos raos na..why should i be greedy if my signature could help. Eh kung masama yung kumikita nang mataas sa $500 d maganda. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]As a tsikot member..... I would like to thank the tsikot forum in any way for their help for making their grievances be heard by the people concerned. Sana nga mayroon[/SIZE]

OT..alam ko mayroon dito group na tumutulong sa mga Charity institutions. Mayroon kaming welfare fund dito at namimili nang mabibigyan nang kaunting tulong. PM na lang po ako..thanks..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung sakaling ma-grant ang petition nyo na may special exchange rate kayo, say P50-$1 nga. Saan naman kukunin yung karagdagang P4-5.00 per 1USD para dyan? Sa pera ng gobyerno na manggagaling din sa taxes ng mamamayang Pilipino?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    'Hay... bumaba nanaman ang value ng dollar.'

Palaging complain ng seaman na kapatid ng misis ko. Minsan ang sarap ng sapakin.

Pasensya na po pero tagutom po dito sa pinas. Isip na lang po kayo ng ibang paraan...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    personally im not after the 50/1 ratio, I dont give a damn whether the rate becomes 20/1.i did not even sign the petition paper but what pisses me is the way neri thinks.by the way, i dont know him/her nor what he/she is doing in the government or agency he/she working for.but, be it a hate letter for him/her doesnt change my view.he/she is still a BS!

"But to Secretary Neri, Overseas Filipinos should even be thankful
    because they are not being taxed anyway, obviously referring to the aborted plan to tax the Overseas Filipinos’ income".

according to him, getting higher due to better quality jobs they land into. Neri sees the diminishing income of the export sector, but his eyes are closed to the Overseas Filipinos’ dilemma. He thinks that the remittances are getting higher because Overseas Filipinos get higher pay for better jobs, but fails to see that Overseas Filipinos have to send more dollars to maintain the peso equivalent of what families back home are receiving.

now tell me, is he/she worth to be called an economist??
    Last edited by VtEC; August 16th, 2007 at 11:57 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I bet none in this board gives a hell about Neri.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i dont think so bro coder.sa title palang ng thread para sa kanya na e.
    anyways, yon lang naman sentiment ko dyan.Cant take him/her.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Belittling the Overseas Filipinos