New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    hello, xtrail owners, just want to know if ud notice na parang nabibigla or jerky ang pag accelerate from a complete standstill...found out na wala pala direct link ang accel pedal to engine throttle ang xtrail, minsan kasi nabibigla...ganun kaya talaga?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    drive by wire na ba xtrail?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka naman po umiipit lang yung matting? :D

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    no idea sa xtrail pero yung paj gdi namin dirve by wire na ata.. jerky nga 1st gear...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Drive by wire technology ang X-Trail. Similar to the Isuzu Trooper 2000 model onwards.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ganun nga siguro pag drive by wire, pag heavy footed ka parang nag jajackrabbit pag accelerate from complete stop...was thinkin of inquirin sa nissan kaso baka lang mapasama pa, am sure wala pa sila experience dun. anyway, sanayan lang siguro.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ahhh remember the egg underneath the gas pedal

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The advantage of drive by wire is that it allows precise movements in acceleration since the ECU reads the input from the pedal directly. Mechanical considerations such as "play" between the components are eliminated.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I have two people with xtrails who both experienced problems identified to a defective wire harness. After much emergency meeting daw by Nissan people, it was concluded not as a design defect but supplier defect. I failed to ask them what happened that was connected to the wire harness. Anyone know what this wire harness is for? Would this be related to the accelerator issue in this thread?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    We have the 200X (I was not able to convince my wife to get the limited edition Pajero) and yes I experience the same situation on our xtrail. You have to step on the brakes sometimes to slow it down. I was assuming it was because of the 2.0 engine kasi our other cars are just 1.6. How is your consumption? I can only get 5Km/lt on our extrail.

Thanks,
    Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
xtrail's accelerator