New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Nissan peeps. Just want to ask if anybody knows a shop outside the casa that does throttle body cleaning. Was advised by someone that since the X-Trail is drive by wire it has to be done by someone who has the equipment and know how. Pls advise as to the cost, also.

My ride is a 2006 Nissan X-Trail.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you tried inquiring how much the cost at the CASA is so you can establish baseline cost comparisons?

I'd usually look at Speedyfix first for work like this. Not the cheapest but they can do the job and they're still better priced then the CASA per my experience.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa speedyfix, they charge 1400 for throttle body cleaning ng gen1 crv.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    You can DIY if you know how to clean a non-DBW car's TB. Ang difference lang is kailangan may assistant kang taga-apak ng gas pedal para bumukas yung butterfly. Otherwise, kay speedyfix ka na lang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    and 20% off ang CRC throttle body cleaner sa true value :-)

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pwede bang brake cleaner gamitin pang linis ng TB?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Have you tried inquiring how much the cost at the CASA is so you can establish baseline cost comparisons?

I'd usually look at Speedyfix first for work like this. Not the cheapest but they can do the job and they're still better priced then the CASA per my experience.
    Actually, I got the advice from Migs of Speedyfix when they replaced my X-Trail's wheel bearings. They're a bit hesitant to fiddle with the X-Trail's wiring. They can do the cleaning but they won't guarantee it won't mess up the drive by wire system. + points to them for being honest enough about it.
    Last edited by Altis6453; August 19th, 2013 at 12:05 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If Speedyfix charges 1400 for throttle body cleaning then sa casa ka na. At NGQA halos same price. IIRC around 1500 ang labor nila. The risk of fiddling with the ECT's is high. Once its broken its very expensive.