New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Nissan peeps. Went to have my x trail serviced today at Nissan gallery ortigas. They found some items for replacement that I couldn't afford so I need help finding a shop which can do it. Here are the findings:

replace alternator assembly- 21k
    replace aux fan motor- 10k
    replace fan belt
    replace AC filter
    throttle body cleaning
    replace engine stabilizer bar bushings.

dunno the quotes for the others but they stuck me a total bill of 48k. Could anyone help me find a shop where to have these repaired or replaced at a lower cost? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Altis6453; June 22nd, 2012 at 05:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Cheaper alternative is to go for surplus alternator and fan motor. Im not quite sure though if you can find an alternator for xtrail, since its a surplus im guessing its the same with the QG engine which is alteady readily available at any surplus shops in banawe, evangeslista and cavite. A/C filter can be bought with after market brands which is cheaper.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    what happen to your alternator? Is your battery get discharged always? why replace the whole asssembly?

fan motor - you can get a replacement part. no need for original e.g denso medyo mahal talaga yan.

engine stabilizer? you mean engine support or stabilizer bar bushing? kung stabiizer bar bushing, mura lang yan.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    If you are in a tight budget, and the car is no longer covered by warranty, check with reputable shops or auto technician.
    The alternator can be refurbished instead of total replacement. Or you can opt for a Japan Made replacement which will
    be a lot cheaper. Try to look for the AUX Fan Motor from auto supply in your area.
    The other items are standard or commonly available, so replacement wont be a problem.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Canvass ka sa banawe or evangelista, you'll find the items cheaper by more than 1/2. :D
    Labor is cheaper too.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zonda View Post
    what happen to your alternator? Is your battery get discharged always? why replace the whole asssembly?

fan motor - you can get a replacement part. no need for original e.g denso medyo mahal talaga yan.

engine stabilizer? you mean engine support or stabilizer bar bushing? kung stabiizer bar bushing, mura lang yan.
    The alternator is emitting a high pitched whining sound. The SA told me it was the bearing. They don't do repair daw, only replace. Pero nag-charge naman sa battery.

Bushing lang daw ang kelangan palitan sa left and right nung stabilizer bar.

Thanks for the help. Will look around tomorrow. I'm more worried about the throttle body overhaul/cleaning na kelangan daw gawin.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    If you are in a tight budget, and the car is no longer covered by warranty, check with reputable shops or auto technician.
    The alternator can be refurbished instead of total replacement. Or you can opt for a Japan Made replacement which will
    be a lot cheaper. Try to look for the AUX Fan Motor from auto supply in your area.
    The other items are standard or commonly available, so replacement wont be a problem.
    Thanks, bro. Didn't know replacement parts can be sourced out. Would you have any suggested shops? I'll check out Speedyfix and ask if they can do the repairs.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    call 4113274..they have free advice on anything about motoring or e mail ludwig_koch*yahoo.com

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Surplus fan motor is around 1200 installed.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks, Otep. I guess it's just a matter of getting the car to the shop now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
X Trail concerns: need help