New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    isn't the nissan aircon a calsonic?
    if your AC compressor got destroyed, couldn't you (theoretically) slap in a calsonic and get nissan-level frigidity? or is it more than that? (e.g. larger condenser coils...)
    You could switch to a Calsonic, as long as the compressor size and speed matches your engine... obviously, a Calsonic compressor for the Sentra would get blown to bits on a high-revving SiR engine... but then, maybe that's why mine broke...

The one big problem with switching to a more powerful compressor is that the engine sluggishness and fuel guzzling you get with A/C operation becomes more pronounced. I don't know if you have to replace the evaporator and condenser too, but it's probably not a bad idea.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Going back to the topic, resale value seems to be influenced by word-by-mouth. The credibility of the B13 and B14 apparently harks back to the blunders of the B12. Comparing it to a family, it's like the children suffering because of the parents' shortcomings. There's this indelible mark left by the box-type Sentra, and too bad its successors, albeit worthy cars, do not quite light a candle to the class leaders such as the Civic and Corolla. More features compared to those cars fail to eclipse the absence of exterior appeal.

It's too bad Sentra owners still tend to get shortchanged should they decide to sell their car. Perhaps Nissan ought to make a revolutionary replacement for yet another ho-hum looking car in the current model. It must be among the best performing in its class other than exterior design and interior space and ambience. They've done very well with the Z, so why not carry out that feat to their more affordable models?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    bat naman yung z ko maganda pa rin ang resale value mas mataas kaysa sa ibang kotse.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapito69
    bat naman yung z ko maganda pa rin ang resale value mas mataas kaysa sa ibang kotse.
    langya ka, eh sports car naman yang sayo kapatid! hehee

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ang iisipin kasi ng tao is: cheap prices = overused or sirain na kotse. so babaratin pa sila dun sa selling price..yan ang mahirap for the seller.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may clause kasi yung nissan motors sa contract eh...bawal daw bumili ng nissan ang mga pangit.

tignan nyo, i've never owned a nissan in my entire life

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    hmm..now that explains why my friend owns a nissan...hahaha joke! :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    a service advisor friend of mine, from NISSAN, thinks lowly of their products compared to the other brands... except for the models that came out of NISSAN DIESEL.. and the Xtrail model...

daw...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO Most 1.6L cars here are waay overpriced and not devalued enough...

When I came back to Pinas around 98, I wanted a GTi, Altima as my first choice, then kung wala talaga, ESi or GLi... Back then, the GTi and Altima were playing in the 300K zone. We got the GLi (most ESi I saw had really bad interior (the seats wear out really fast) and there's rust underneath the doors) at around 240 at that time.

Take a look at buy and sell ads now, they still hover at the same price range after 7 years!!! While I got my Altima last week at 155K only (they play around the 170-210 range) while GTi's are about the same range. The "rayban" Galants drops to 250K range even with the V6.

Fuel economy plays a big role in pricing here, so does the availability of cheap, replacement (often unreliable) parts.

While I agree that my AE101 was a great car for its purpose, it surely shouldn't be worth that much today.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh, dagdag lang...

A32 Cefiro... Price drop galore, god knows how nice that car is... It's a steal to buy a good condition Cefiro these days. I wanted one, but my budget is 150K short heheheh

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Why are used Nissans very cheap? [MERGED]