New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PSG uses this and other back up vehicles of VIP, be it the old safari or the new patrol...? and even in war zone place lIraq, afghanistan the UN representative uses Nissan Patrol? why not Land cruiser?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mas mahal kasi siguro ang Land Cruiser Pero matibay din ang Land Cruiser dare I say mas matibay pa kaysa sa Patrol (ownership bias )

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    because of the name? kasi nagpapa-"patrol" sya para sa VIP? hehe. well, kung ano man, i think it's a testament to it's ruggedness and durability. just like the black suburbans you usually see in american movies na ginagamit ng fbi, cia, etc.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Pero the terrorists use old Toyota Hi-Lux pick-ups para siguro pangontra sa Nissan Patrol. . .

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    They need the antagonistic / battle ready impression of the Patrol and yet much cheaper than that of LC. In fact when GMA and FG convoy visit here in St. Luke’s sari saring US SUV na mahahaba ang dala nila… no more PATROL and LC’s.

Sa US mostly GMC Yukons Denali ang gamit ng secret service.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCRIAkCRyVo&feature=related"]YouTube - 1/18 Secret Service GMC Denali Police[/ame]

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Naghihirap na ang bayan and they still use these gas guzzlers

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    It is the Philippine equivalent of the Chevy Suburbans in the U.S.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    remember the jazz incident, taob yong patrol!

kaya seguro, dumped na ang patrol + LC...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They are sturdy and proven. I still see the PSG Patrols running around. Erap for time made use of FM Pajeros. The Cory administration made use of the LC60s also...

I remember seeing a diplomatic GU Patrol (bare bones model, white) and it was still using the TD42 engine. IMO, the PSG should have gotten models like that since they already have the TD42 on the older units as well (tried and tested buggers).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Naghihirap na ang bayan and they still use these gas guzzlers

hehehehe. they should use avanzas or mitsu adventures instead.
    seriously, they use patrols before, but i think the current PSG units now are Suburbans and Expeds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
why Nissan Patrol for back up securities?