New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    supposedly the jap big three are honda, toyota and nissan, but locally it seems that nissan is backsliding, probably even behind hyundai and kia in terms of sales. of course there's their somewhat aged lineup now, but it seems to have been the trend already for the past couple of years already. i've personally owned two (exalta & safari) and i can say it ranks up there w/ the other brands in terms of quality and value for money. so what's the deal here?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Perception most likely. Although I do agree Nissan's come a long way from their box type Sentras of the 90's.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Maybe its because dalawa ang authorized parties for Nissan dito sa pinas. . . Kaya kulang sa focus. .

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I guess for us Filipinos, first impressions really do last.

Good thing Hyundai and Kia managed to pull away from stigma of their early cars, but most of the people I know prefer to wait and see what happens to the korean cars after 5 years.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    they need a "halo" car. one that will revive the flagging interest in the marquee.

something like.....well....um....this one :idea:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but if kia was able to pull away from their pride snafu, why not nissan from the california/box type sentra?

i guess having two entities really do hurt them, even if you combine the figures from those two it wouldn't be enough to barge into the top three...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The problem is Nissan hasn't really made a car that Pinoys really like.... Kung baga for every car segment they compete in the competition normally has a more appealing car for pinoy tastes. (Sentra vs Civic vs Corolla, X-trail vs CRV vs RAV4, Teana vs Camry vs Accord) Their horror resale value also haunts its image so bad.... I mean who wants to use a Sentra for 5 years and see its value drop to P200++K while a comparable Civic can even call for P400K++

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [QUOTE=empy;1023782]they need a "halo" car. one that will revive the flagging interest in the marquee.

[/QUOTE

we wish! they can't even bring in the new US sentra

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    they need a "halo" car. one that will revive the flagging interest in the marquee.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The problem is Nissan hasn't really made a car that Pinoys really like.... Kung baga for every car segment they compete in the competition normally has a more appealing car for pinoy tastes. (Sentra vs Civic vs Corolla, X-trail vs CRV vs RAV4, Teana vs Camry vs Accord) Their horror resale value also haunts its image so bad.... I mean who wants to use a Sentra for 5 years and see its value drop to P200++K while a comparable Civic can even call for P400K++
    you're right about this. the only reason i sold my exalta was because of the rapid drop in resale... question is, is this the cause for the malaise or is it an effect? hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think it's bec they don;t really study the market probably....ang mga pinapasok nilang models dito is ang papangit...and laging last pa magpasok ubos na ang maga buyers, like itong xtrail, meron ng new model and yet hinde parin nila ipasok dito...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
What's wrong with NISSAN?