New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Good day to all

Just bought a 2nd hand 1993 Nissan JX (twin cam 16 valve engine) ang problema lang ho ay parang nasisinok ang car kapag um aarangkada na sa 1st at minsan pati sa 2nd gear, sabi na binilhan ko need lang daw ma tune-up at change oil kse bihira na magamit, yon ho ba talaga ang solusyon don ???

2nd ho ay pag binuksan ang aircon at naka idle lang medyo nag ba viberate o nanginginig ang makina, pro pag pinatay na aircon at idle wala naman hpng nginig, ano ho kaya ang dapat gawin don ???

and lastly, di po gumagana ang fuel guage, ano ho ang solusyon pra mapagan ulit ang fuel guage ???

hope to hear your advice, Thank you in advance

Erick

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tune-up, clean the carb and clean the throttle-body. Yup... it's been stuck a long time and some things may be gummed up there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sa fuel gauge question, chech using you battery to identify if the gauge itself is defective. if not, then the problem could be in the gas float.

hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yes a good tune up including replacement of all filters, fluids and sparkplugs may do the job. clean the distributor cap and rotor too to remove rust or dirt. if the aircon problem still persists, check the idle up or hoses leading to it.

teka, efi na ba yung JX? or carb pa rin? hindi ba 1.4l eccs?

anyway, kung efi sya, paclean mo na rin yung MAF sensor.

congrats on your purchase and good luck!
    Last edited by coiter; July 17th, 2008 at 08:09 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Need tune up and check the float in the gas tank as it may have failed allowing gas inside and is not "floating" anymore. Or, the sending unit needs replacing.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    i drive a 1994 ECCS and ganun din problem ko. my engine's coughing at first gear and my aircon is vibrating especially when idling. i should be heading fot a tune up na. thanks mga tol.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    this happens to my '92 1.4 JX as well- almost everytime I have a tune up. got 1 common opinion from two mechanics:

the vacuum advancer (near the distributor) is faulty and needs replacement.
    they showed me by using a vacuum pump and pumping air into the advancer. my unit showed that air is being released (may singaw) whereas a normal advancer would hold-up the air from being released.

after driving a few hundred kilometers, nawawala yung sinok but other problems appear such as higher idling (around 1200 rpm). kung ok naman ang idling, tope and white smoke is observed at high speeds.

haven't tried to replace the vacuum advancer since the brand new unit is quite expensive (at 2,200 pesos) and a replacement unit is nowhere to be found...

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    and lastly, di po gumagana ang fuel guage, ano ho ang solusyon pra mapagan ulit ang fuel guage ???

I would go to the expert, could be fuel gauge cluster recieving unit (actual gauge), or the actual sensor that is in the gas tank, they will be able to figure out.

What to do ?? nasisinok  kapag umaarangkada sa 1st gear