New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I'm planning to turbocharge my Safari TD42 engine myself. Do you guys know where I can buy some used turbochargers, preferrably from japanese trucks?

I also would like to convert my M/T to A/T. Any of you know someone who've done this kind of tranny swap in a Safari? Where can I buy an Automatic transmission for my Safari with complete parts?

In addition, do you guys know where I can buy a boost gauge and pyrometer that's not so expensive?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm konting ingat lang sa bolt-on turbos hehe...

makipagkonsulta ka kay Auto_Xer about bolt-on turbos for your TD42

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... another Patrol lover in the house!

Marami nang add-on turbo kits for TD42 engines. I know Safari (that makes snorkel brand) has bolt-on kit and added intercooler kit also. But you have to order it from Australia and ship it locally. Kung ayaw mo naman ng shipping hassle, you could give Auto_Xer a try just like mbt advised. And their shop will do the installation for you. But as per last advice, they don't have stock yet and will also have to import the turbo bolt-on kit.

With regards to your tranny swap, jappy imports Patrol parts straight from Japan. They might have something that you will need. Word of caution though, auto trannys have different type of gears when compared to manuals. That could pose a valid problem if the gears upto your final drive ratio didn't match. And at the same time, transfer case and transmission housing is casted as a one whole with partion walls separating the oils from the two.

HTH

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Actually, I'm looking fo Japan Surplus Turbochargers, preferably from trucks. I'm planning to do my own installation, coz thr turbo kits are very expensive. Do you know where I can get some used turbos and intercoolers?

I've already emailed Jappy about the A/T, but I haven't had a reply yet since my last email.

Where can I get a Pyrometer and boost gauge?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka busy lang si boss jappy. Expect a reply as soon as he gets online.

Nakwento nya sa akin may dumadating nga na TD42T. Ang alam ko pag factory spec kit ang turbo, iba rin ang uri ng metal ang mga piston, rings, valves and etc. Not like aftermarket bolt-on kits which is safer for NA engines.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    At first, I was looking for a TD42T engine with A/T. Jappy told me that the TD42T engine is not readily available and hard to get.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    henry::balitaan mo kami sa project na yan. try mo sa blumentritt or banawe. magtatanong din ako sa blumentritt. good luck.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess, you're still not satisfied with the TD42 raw power huh? Why need more power may I ask? Are you planning to race your Patrol or enter it in a 4WD contest? :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    be careful in installing turbo kits to engines not previously installed with turbo. i have posted a lot of times before regarding a friend with a mitsu adventure 4d56 engine. as we all know, stradas and pajeros have the same engine, but have intercooled turbo. he thought it will be ok to just bolt on a turbo from strada, after enjoying the turboed 4d56 for a few days, nawasak lang yung engine nya. napabili pa sya ng bagong surplus engine.

as what Ungas mentioned, the piston, piston rings, etc. is not the same for turboed engines and NA engines of the same model. pagisipan mong mabuti.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The best route would be to get a surplus TD42T drivetrain. That includes the engine, tranny (and transfer case) and the differential gears para wala nang hassle sa gear matching.

TD42's with A/T's ang turboes can be ordered from jappy. But yes, you have to be patient as these engines are not really coming in in great numbers. But they are available.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Turbocharging Safari TD42 and A/T conversion