New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    need help guys, yesterday, somebody else closed my sentra trunk and when i tried opening it first using the lever, it wont open anymore, and so i tried using the key, but it does not turn. what could be the problem and how to open my trunk?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The last time this happened to my Camry, I took it to my suking tindahan. What happened was, the end of the cable used to open the trunk, which was located at the trunk latch, got disconnected. Then again, my key was still working, so that was how the technician popped the trunk. You case may be a bit more complicated/having to do with the lock. Baka na-mis-align or something.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    kung dalhin ko sa mechanic, how much kaya range ng cost nito?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    nangyayari din ito sa akin ito dati. i tried putting grease into the locking mechanism kasi baka nastuck-up lang yung rod. and voila, di na masyado naiistuck but still happens every once in a while. what i do is to just twist and turn the key until it opens. never bothered to have it checked kasi manageable pa naman. i think any five-and-dime car shop can do the trick on that one.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cinecheska View Post
    kung dalhin ko sa mechanic, how much kaya range ng cost nito?
    i think it's a minor problem naman. basing sa casa charges as benchmark, minimum charge for easy tasks is around 250. my best guess is di yan aabot ng 500, even much less kung sa talyer. baka pangyosi lang katapat nyan..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    thanks guys, just the same since im a newbie to car, baka dalhin ko din to sa mechanic kung grease man or minor task at least i know the price range, is it the same kung cabling ang problem?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ikot ikotin mo muna ma mabuti yun susi baka stock up Lang or try to spray wd40 doon Sa key hole

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pwede mo ba i-fold ang rear seats para makapasok ka sa trunk? Kung walang trunk liner makikita mo dapat ang mechanism para ma-spray mo din ng WD-40.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cinecheska View Post
    need help guys, yesterday, somebody else closed my sentra trunk and when i tried opening it first using the lever, it wont open anymore, and so i tried using the key, but it does not turn. what could be the problem and how to open my trunk?
    it does not turn because it got "destroyed" when somebody else closed the trunk, or it does not turn because it hasn't been turned since ninoy died? if the latter, just squirt in some wd-40 using the red plastic tube the can came with, then try turning the key back and forth slowly...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Walang 500 ang labor diyan pag dun sa gumagawa ko. Pero you might need to spend for a new key cylinder kung hindi na mapagana yung dati. Please include the model and year of your car. Saw that happen on a sentra series 2 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
trunk wont open, help please