New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some questions:

1. are these repairable? like kapag nakatama or natamaan ng another car and nagka dent and bend.

2. are these covered by insurance?

3. are these safer than stock bumpers?

i'm planning to convert my patrol to 4wd, but i also like to change my bumper to ARB Sahara. but i can only choose one by december and the other will have to wait for a year or 2.

4. for safety reasons, which should go first (4wd or bumper)?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    answer to #4BUMPER!!!
    good for long drives, specially when crazy converted rhds from subic gives u a front on

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    youll feel more secure when overtaking 2 lane provincial hi ways

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    4wd na..!! di ka naman sigruo mambabanga ng tricycle sa inyo noh..hehe..saka para mas safe ka pa ren mag drive..tapos kapag converted na..pwede na sumama sa sacobia..!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think I would go with the 4wd first. Ako walang TJM or ARB (can't afford them) pero super happy naman kapag kasama ng DC.org at PORCI sa trails.

Yung Sahara bar ng ARB is aimed more at the urban-SUV's. Ayaw mo ba nung mga commercial bars (the black ones). They look more serious, are cheaper, and are tougher than the Sahara bars.

Btw, the bumpers are not covered by insurance unless you declare their presence. At which point, you will pay a premium. If your bumper is black or painted, nagagawan ng remedyo yan when damaged. Yung chrome mahirap na ayusin unless you paint over it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some questions:

1. are these repairable? like kapag nakatama or natamaan ng another car and nagka dent and bend.
    sa sobrang tigas nito malamang buo pa ito after collision,
    di ba si ungas may na front end na sport trac, wala naman nasira sa kanya

kung kilala mo insurance outfit baka pede, or additional to the value na lang
    100% trust me on this one
    i'm planning to convert my patrol to 4wd, but i also like to change my bumper to ARB Sahara. but i can only choose one by december and the other will have to wait for a year or 2.
    4. for safety reasons, which should go first (4wd or bumper)? [/B]
    andy, GO 4x4

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung LC80 dito sa school na naka-ARB, rear-ended a REVO sa Espana. Wasak ang REVO. Ni-hindi nasira yung bumper mounted signal lamps nung LC80.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some questions:

Yes, at some point, they can still be redone back to its own form, ofcourse it should be done by experts.

If you enroll them with the vehicle along with its policy. But for some reasons other insurance will not accept it as an added accesory

Definitely! Tested and proven. :D

4. for safety reasons, which should go first (4wd or bumper)?
    Set your sight on 4WD first. Bumpers and other works will soon to follow suit.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    remember the sahara bumper iw as selling you before. i forgot to tell you that it was still available, the other buyer did not buy it because he sold his patrol. he is the same owner of the 2nd hand 4wd convertion. so the sahara bumper is still available pm me for price. btw have you inquired the price of a new sahara bumper? maybe you can buy both. he he

but i would go for the 4wd first if you will only choose one.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boybi, the Sahara,although nice, would look ricey in a 4x2 :D

Pero i dont necessarily recommend you run to your nearest Nissan dealer and get a 4x4 conversion :D

A better option IMO, is wait for the excise tax issue to resolve itself and get an SUV with 4x4 built in :D

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
TJM/ARB bumpers & 4wd Conversion of GU Patrol