New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi fellow Nissan owners.

Just need suggestions for my daily driver since I've worn out my X-Trail's tires (it came with Dunlops right out of the dealer).

Can anyone suggest a good replacement? I'll be buying 4, so it should be durable, quiet, but not that expensive.

Thanks for all the help.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I replaced my Dunlop tires with Yokohama since we knew the owner. But Dunlop is pretty durable too since this is my first replacement since I bought my Xtrail. In fact I changed my tires only because my driver saw that the 2 front wheels are bald already.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    yokohamas are ok IMO. from my experience, dunlops wear out quite faster than yokohamas. i used dunlop lemans RV 501 before on my CRV. was pretty happy with the wet/dry grip and look of these tires (for some reason they look wider than their actual size), but they wore out after a little over 2 years lang. the yokohamas i bought to replace the dunlops are quieter (i think these were the geolandar h/t).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just don't get Bridgestone Desert Dueler HT's.

The Goodyear Forteras we used on our Escape before were also good.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I bought Michelin and am very happy with it. The price if I rememeber correcly is just 5000 a tire.

I replaced my 4 dunlop tires even though they are not worn out but because it was expired. In Fact, One of the dunlop wheels exploded on my in katipunan last year. SO i decided to replace all of them right away.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    +1 on the bridgestones. these are crap tires. bad grip and give a pretty stiff ride.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Just don't get Bridgestone Desert Dueler HT's.

The Goodyear Forteras we used on our Escape before were also good.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looks like the Yokohamas are getting good reviews. Any idea on the price?

Tire suggestions for X-Trail