New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Please recommend a good tire replacement for my 2005 Nissan Sentra GX 1.3 A/T. For dry and wet driving, preferably below 10k. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    you can try gajah tungal champiro.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramones View Post
    Please recommend a good tire replacement for my 2005 Nissan Sentra GX 1.3 A/T. For dry and wet driving, preferably below 10k. Thank you.
    if you are satisfied with what you have now, just get an exact replacement.. they shouldn't cost more than 5k..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko mercado View Post
    you can try gajah tungal champiro.
    Sir, I guess the company is Indonesia-based. Do they have distributors here? Where?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you are satisfied with what you have now, just get an exact replacement.. they shouldn't cost more than 5k..
    Goodyear, sir. And I mean brand new replacement tires. =)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramones View Post
    Goodyear, sir. And I mean brand new replacement tires. =)
    of course i meant brand new! a few years ago, a brand new local tire (yes, goodyear!) cost me less than 3K. last year, a brand new local yokohama for my innova cost me 3.5K. i prefer local tires. and i wouldn't recommend a used tire for regular tire replacement, because that would be replacing one used tire with another used tire. unless i were severely impoverished... heh heh.
    i consult the yellow pages, and call the stores before i go, to make sure they have the tire brand and specifications i want, and also so i can get the best price. they know i am canvassing, and so will give me their best price over the phone.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    of course i meant brand new! a few years ago, a brand new local tire (yes, goodyear!) cost me less than 3K. last year, a brand new local yokohama for my innova cost me 3.5K. i prefer local tires. and i wouldn't recommend a used tire for regular tire replacement, because that would be replacing one used tire with another used tire. unless i were severely impoverished... heh heh.
    i consult the yellow pages, and call the stores before i go, to make sure they have the tire brand and specifications i want, and also so i can get the best price. they know i am canvassing, and so will give me their best price over the phone.
    So that means I'm going to spend 12K for the four tires. =( Some says Yokohama is good but too soft for our roads/weather. Can you suggest other good brands that will not breach 10k? Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    No specific recommendations, but I would suggest that you don't cheap out on tires. 12k to 14k really isn't a bad price for tires you'll be using for 5+ years (less than 3k per year), and your life literally depends on these tires - after all, they're the only part of your car that (normally) comes into contact with the road!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tell the store that you are getting FOUR tires. you might get a better price..
    and you might be able to find someone interested in buying your old tires. kahit 100 kesos each...
    but i would not recommend new old stock tires (yung matagal nang nasa bodega ngunit hindi pa nagagamit kahit kailan.. yung ilang taon nang nalimutan ng panahon.. even if with big discount). rubber tires deteriorate with time.. they get weaker..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are your tires the OEM 14"?

Kumhos. 185/65R14. Php 2.2K-2.3K a piece at DKC tires, 2.5K* at Tire Depot in SM.

Tire Replacement