New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Opinion ko lang ito huwag ka munang bumili ng throttle body masrami kasing pinanggagalingan iyong problema mo sa idling Dive bombing tawag diyan kadalasan sakit na ng nissan . Possible cause.
    1. dirty Maf mass air flow.
    2.Iacv idle air control valve need to be clean
    3. Clean throttle body
    Try to call Street Specs.AUTO GARAGE 518 Banawe ST . Q.C.
    TEL. # 781-6608 Kristopher SY. Patignan mo muna sa kanila para sa second opinion kadalasan kasi puro sentra ang ginagawa nila rito . Marami nagpapagawa rito na member ng CLUB NISSAN SENTRA. Malaman ko lang kung ano ang nangyari.
    sang ayon ako dito linisin mu po muna baka mapasubo sa gastos dumi lang pala haha.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mau2485 View Post
    Bro try mo dito,

Bren Motors

#66 Anak bayan St. Paltok, SFDM Quezon City
    Tel no. 3724663/374-2256

Patingin mo muna yung kung anu ang problema wag mo muna sabihin kung anu yung idea mo sa sa sira hayaan mo na sila ang maka-discover ng sira baka may iba silang process then canvass. Hindi naman masama muna magpacheck kaysa sa gagastos ka agad ng thousands of petot eh butas agad ang bulsa...
    Thanks chief! will call them soon.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kulotz View Post
    sang ayon ako dito linisin mu po muna baka mapasubo sa gastos dumi lang pala haha.
    Yup, yun din nga naisip ko... pasensya na, di pa kase ako ganun ka runong sa makina.

Thank you all again sa mga inputs nyo mga chiefs

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHead View Post
    Good day mga chiefs,

I went to Speedlabs over the weekend to have the Throttle Body checked on my nissan snetra ser. 3. They said they could clean it up but the problem may only come back after a week or so, so they recommended that it would be better to just replace it with a new one instead.

Tanong ko lang sana sa inyo mga chiefs if you could recommend a reliable shop or two where I could purchase this engine part? Preferably yung maayos kausap po sana and relaiable yung after sales service.

Or, kung meron sa inyong nagbebenta ng throttle body, please do let me know, I'm open to second hand din po mga chiefs coz they said mahal din yung brand new, around P30k daw, and yung surplus P15k.

Thanks a bunch in advance for your time mfa chiefs.

Cheers!
    Bighead I also went to speedlab and have had the same answer from them change the throttle body which is terribly Sh!!!! Naging problema korin yang problem mo before. But now my idle is stable after cleaning the IACV-AAC Valve. I dont believe dun sa sinabi ng speedlab na pag nilinisan ay babalik din ang problem after a week or so. Kasi yung sakin nung last time malinisan yung IACV-AAC Valve ay 1 1/2 years ago na at maayos parin ang idle. I guess you don't need to buy a new Throttle Body. Try cleaning your IACV-AAC valve and MAF sensor. Then after you have to Tune-Up your car ( set base idle and timing). If you are close to Sucat I can recommend you to a good car shop mechanic who is very careful in cleaning IACV-AACV Valve, Throttle body etc...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Try to bring your car sa CASA ( nissan quezon ave). Kung linis lang ng throttle assembly around P1000+ lang yan.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    i suggest palinis mo muna talaga throttle mo.. won't cost you much.. malay mo linis lang talaga kailangan, thats good.. if bumalik pa ung problem, then that's the time na you look for other alternative..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    had the same prob with my sentra series 3 had it cleaned the thorttle, and now my rev. is up speed up and engine sounds great thanks for the advices guys

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Mga sirs! Merry xmas po!

Tanong ko lang po sana alam nyo kung pano mag linis nung IACV? and panu po ba mag adjust ng timing? ang makina ko po ay GA16DNE. salamat po!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sample lang ito nakuha ko sa ibang forum para lang magkaroon ka ng idea sa paglinis ng AICV. Kotse niya 02 WRX.
    DIY: clean I.A.C.V
    i was bored and feeling slightly productive today so i decided to make this thread.

for those of you who don't know what I.A.C.V stands for, it stands for Idle Air Control Valve and it does exactly what it's name says, it controls the air flow during idle.

Recently my car has been idling funny everynow and then(it'd idle at 2,200 or so then go down and wander around and it gave me code -1507) so i took this action as a possible way to fix this.

Now what you're going to need is some Q-tips, rubbing alcohol and to remove your i.a.c.v. oh and a gasket CAN NOT forget that

step 1: locate your iacv. mine happened to be right on top of the of the motor right in front of the intercooler

step 2: remove the screws and disconnect it from the sesor(as you can see from the picture above mine only had 2 screws which you could use a phillips head or if you look closely you can see one of the slots is extended to be able to use a flat head and i use a flat head)

step 3: get your q-tips and rubbing alcohol ready

step 4: start get some of that rubbing alcohol on those q-tips and start cleaning really good(i put a little bit of the rubbing alcohol in a cup to make it easier)

heres a pic of me half way through cleaning 1 side of it: as you can see the side on the bottom is cleaner(still realitively dirty) then the top side

heres a shot of the blackened q-tips:

and for a shot when it was alot cleaner:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    and for a shot when it was alot cleaner:

step 5: put the gasket on and then reconnect the iacv to the sensor and screw it back in place:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Throttle Body - Nissan Sentra Ser.3