New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    nakita ko to while doing some research on the sentra. SG market sentra:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...entrasmall.jpg

is it just me, or does it look better than the sentra we have? parang mas refined ung dating e

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    nakita ko to while doing some research on the sentra. SG market sentra:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...entrasmall.jpg

is it just me, or does it look better than the sentra we have? parang mas refined ung dating e
    There isn't much difference between that and the one we have here.

Kaso lang I think the Nissan Sunny for the SG market is Made-in-Japan (unlike ours which is made here locally). Anyways, luma na rin iyan.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    nakita ko to while doing some research on the sentra.
    The RP market Sentra(based on the Taiwan version made by Yulon) and the Japanese made SG market Sentra(re-badged previous gen JDM Bluebird Sylphy) are based on the same platform and share the same body.

The pre-facelifted Sentra sold here(known as the Exalta) was almost identical to the pre-facelifted SG Sentra and JDM Bluebird Sylphy.
    The facelifted RP/Taiwan Sentra only adopted the new rear end design of the SG and JDM version, but the front of the RP/Taiwan Sentra is unique, the SG and JDM versions only had a mildly updated nose similar to the old one.

Previous gen JDM Nissan Bluebird Sylphy(2003 model shown)
    Rear end is similar to the RP/Taiwan Sentra...

...while the front end just got a mild facelift.
    Last edited by AG4; June 6th, 2006 at 12:08 AM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    This sentra also sold in Thailand. I still prefer this than the sentra here.

The all-new Sentra is already in Singapore (i saw it somewhere here in tsikot) and it is based on the JDM Bluebird Sylphy. I dunno when and what version will NMPI bring here. The Sentra in the US is based on the Tiida Latio sedan (which is I think should compete w/ the Vios, City, Accent here).

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I think ok naman yung Sentra natin ngayon.Maybe will be getting both the Tiida and Bluebird Syphy soon.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman
    I think ok naman yung Sentra natin ngayon.Maybe will be getting both the Tiida and Bluebird Syphy soon.
    crossing my fingers hehe. the big question: WHEN??

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The US Sentra is not based on the Tiida Latio. However, the new Versa is based on that car and competes with the Honda Fit/Jazz and the Toyota Yaris/Vitz. The US Sentra will be based on the Nissan/Renault C platform used by the Renault Megane.

singapore market sentra?