New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    got a 2nd hand sentra 06 GS matic. the idle shoots up(2-3k) for 1-2 sec then returns to normal(1K) . the engine
    appears to conk out especially after a full stop but recovers.Does anyone recommend just a tune up?BTW, there
    is a digital display on the top leftmost part of the dashboard which has 3-4 blinking lines but disappears after a while. What
    indicator is it for? thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rakrfr View Post
    got a 2nd hand sentra 06 GS matic. the idle shoots up(2-3k) for 1-2 sec then returns to normal(1K) . the engine
    appears to conk out especially after a full stop but recovers.Does anyone recommend just a tune up?BTW, there
    is a digital display on the top leftmost part of the dashboard which has 3-4 blinking lines but disappears after a while. What
    indicator is it for? thanks in advance!
    try changing the automatic transmission fluid, had the same experience with nissan b14 ss, it improved after. it cost me less than 1k at petron. hope this help.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    also try to have your throttle body cleaned.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ^^^That's your Heads Up Display or HUD. I think there's supposed to be a switch somewhere to control it.
    Anyway, I suggest you bring it sa Casa for throttle body/IACV and MAF cleaning. Might be a good time to have a tune up/change oil and ATF flush. Bring it to NGQA.