New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    how is this compared sa kasabay niyang AE92?

my budget kasi is within 100k so medyo dikit sila.

ano mga pros and cons nitong sentra ss? I think same year sila lumabas thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i've owned a 93 sentra. one of the best i've had, too.

smooth ride, powerful, torquey engines across all model ranges (DOHC kase sila lahat).

pag tinabi mo sa mga newer cars... 1996 and later, medyo halata na yung edad nyan by now, unless you find a really fresh model, or one with all the options nung 1993: 1.6 EFI engine, power antenna, power locks/windows, revised front and rear bumpers and 14 size mags. since pare-pareho na halos presyo nila ngayon i would get an automatic.

kapresyo na lang nya pala yung 16valve body corolla? the corolla has been around much earlier than the sentra b13 (eccs body). 1989 meron na nito, sentra 1991 yata.

interior space, parang pareho lang. gas consumption, mas matipid ang toyota genrally, pero nissans are very reliable cars.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004

smooth ride, powerful, torquey engines across all model ranges (DOHC kase sila lahat).

pag tinabi mo sa mga newer cars... 1996 and later, medyo halata na yung edad nyan by now, unless you find a really fresh model, or one with all the options nung 1993: 1.6 EFI engine, power antenna, power locks/windows, revised front and rear bumpers and 14 size mags. since pare-pareho na halos presyo nila ngayon i would get an automatic.

kapresyo na lang nya pala yung 16valve body corolla? the corolla has been around much earlier than the sentra b13 (eccs body). 1989 meron na nito, sentra 1991 yata.

interior space, parang pareho lang. gas consumption, mas matipid ang toyota genrally, pero nissans are very reliable cars.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post

+1 saka naka timing chain sya kaya mas longer po ang life span ng engine and besides the aircon...Nothing beats Calsonic

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Had a 92 ECCS that stayed with us for about 10 years. Some of the more major problems we encountered:

1. Power window mechanisms failed (the tiny plastic pulleys inside where the mechanical cables go through broke easily)
    2. Power antenna (the internal plastic gear strip broke off)
    3. A/C cabin blower speed only works in "4" (the thermal protection on the blower resistor tripped)
    4. Alternator brushes wore down (replaced the whole thing with surplus)
    5. Rattles and clunks in the front suspension
    6. Dirt and soot could easily get inside the headlamps

Other than that, the engine and body were very reliable.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i own (now) two sentras, isa yung medyo modelo na exalta, yung isa SS3. pero sabi sa club (Club Nissan Sentra), the B13 (ECCS) is the best Sentra that came out.

coming from a mitsubishi, i would say that the aircon is really great. ang lamig even at noon. another plus would be the timing chain. just had my sentra's tensioner replaced last monday. ang kapal ng chain, so hindi sya basta basta mapuputol.

lakas din humatak dahil DOHC sya. parts costs the same as the other japanese brands.

napansin ko lang din... yung features nya are more advanced to the cars of the same age. in fact, yung ibang kasabayan nya wala pang power antennas, yung ibang sasakyan nga may automatic retractable side mirrors na.

yung ECCS (o B13 as they call it) sarap pormahan. check mo yung mga mapopormang B13 dito...

http://z11.invisionfree.com/clubniss...ex.php?act=idx

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    3. A/C cabin blower speed only works in "4" (the thermal protection on the blower resistor tripped)
    Usually the resistor based fan speed control has burned out. Replacement isn't expensive.

5. Rattles and clunks in the front suspension
    Just replace all the rubber bushings would cure this. A simple wear & tear issue.

6. Dirt and soot could easily get inside the headlamps
    Silicon sealant to plug the breather holes would cure this. Or periodic headlamp cleaning service.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i own (now) two sentras, isa yung medyo modelo na exalta, yung isa SS3. pero sabi sa club (Club Nissan Sentra), the B13 (ECCS) is the best Sentra that came out.

coming from a mitsubishi, i would say that the aircon is really great. ang lamig even at noon. another plus would be the timing chain. just had my sentra's tensioner replaced last monday. ang kapal ng chain, so hindi sya basta basta mapuputol.

lakas din humatak dahil DOHC sya. parts costs the same as the other japanese brands.

napansin ko lang din... yung features nya are more advanced to the cars of the same age. in fact, yung ibang kasabayan nya wala pang power antennas, yung ibang sasakyan nga may automatic retractable side mirrors na.

yung ECCS (o B13 as they call it) sarap pormahan. check mo yung mga mapopormang B13 dito...

http://z11.invisionfree.com/clubniss...ex.php?act=idx
    yun oh! CNS here bro! Go Nissan

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    i'd go for the nissan. It has all power features, better interior (compared to other models of the same year) and a powerful engine. just my two cents.

toyota has abundant parts.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Depends on what you intend to do with what you're to buy.

If you are concerned with cheaper/availability of parts, availability of modification stuff (particularly the engine), higher resale value, I suggest AE92. Other than this, B13 ako. Engine power, timing chain, very cold aircon, ABS (if SE variant), speed-sensing doorlocks, classier dashboard and over-all comfort and convenience ammenities.

By the way, the AE92 was available from 1989-1992. The B13 SS ECCS from 1990-1995.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sentra ECCS SS vs AE92 Corolla (planning to buy a car)