New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    guys, need your help, as of the moment i am considering the nissan safari diesel, just like to ask for your feedbacks, regarding the diesel consumption and the ,mantenance?. and is this a little bit close to the old big body landcruiser in terms of the performance?. thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    between the LC80 (old big body LC) and the safari... I would go for the LC80.

masikip ang loob ng safari pero malaki sa labas.

4km/L of diesel ang pinakamatakaw na narinig ko na fuel consumption ng isang lumang safari. More than 4L ang engine displacement niyan and normally aspirated na mechanical fuel injection. Siguro at that big engine, pinakatipid na yun umabot yan ng 10km/L na fuel consumption (kung hindi mabigat paa ng driver and if the engine is well conditioned).

Underneath, the safari is "bullet proof"... wala pa yata akong nakita na naka-abuse at nakasira niyan. Mas meron pa akong nakita na LC80 who had had underchasis problems in a trailing expedition.

Parts and replacement, they might have the same cost lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    engine is really bulletproof. under chasis tough as hell. you also got rear diffirential lockers so the safari is a really tough offroad vehicle.hard to get stuck in the muds. pang PSG talaga. been thru a lot of offroading trails with a safari and i only have praises for it.
    Last edited by KCboy; May 13th, 2007 at 02:20 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    engine is really bulletproof. under chasis tough as hell. you also got rear diffirential lockers so the safaro is a really tough offroad vehicle. pang PSG talaga. been thru a lot of offroading trails with a safari and i only have praises for it.

uy sino kasama mo? *wink *wink

i miss mine soooo much i still daydream of driving it in the trails...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaw diba glenn ang 1st ever offroad session ko. hinila mo pa me dba. check this link to know more about the safari, technical as well as offroad capabilities.http://4x4ph.com/forum/index.php?showforum=20

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup that is one good thing about the safari... TOUGH.

Ang hindi lang ganun ka ok sa kanya ay yung cramp interior (considering it is a very big ride...sa loob parang masikip)... well compared to LC80.

There are very few LC80's that I have come across na inoff-road the way the Safari is commonly abused, but they are equally strong.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    safari is indeed ONE TOUGH truck; you can experience BRUTE FORCE and RAW POWER driving it.

fuel consumption ranges from 6-8km/L (city driving) and 8-10km/L (highway). parts are abundant and prices are reasonable.

for more info on the safari, you may wish to log on to 4x4ph.com and click on the nissan safari club.

The LC80 is equally a tough truck. To me, it is a matter of preference.

Safari Patrol Feedbacks