New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Time to replace na ang tie rod assembly ko. The thing that has to be replaced as a whole. di pwede tie rod ends lang. according to Ungas mga 8K daw ito.

I'm looking for a way na masmura lalabas. naghanap ako ng centerlink pero medyo mahal. the tie rod ends cost 2k lang. Lalabas for the conversion mga 6 to 7k. Pero next replacement tierod ends lang. with my driving style and tire size, sandali lang yun. I'm gonna try to work it out with the machine shop para mas mura lalabas. Mahal paggawa nung steering stab mount.

Right now whats keeping my steering tight is alambre na nakatali from the steering stabilizer mount to the tie rod ball. works great. parang bago tie rod ko ulit hehe. temporary lang para mahandle ng steering stab yung wiggle ng gulong ko.

Post niyo kung interested kayo magpagawa. stay tuned for actual cost and the pictures.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I won't do that if I were you. Delikado, basta moving parts for your front suspension, do not settle for replacements, bili k n lng ng original parts kahit mahal safe k naman lalo n patrol dala m, di puede babagalbagal.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by inigo
    I won't do that if I were you. Delikado, basta moving parts for your front suspension, do not settle for replacements, bili k n lng ng original parts kahit mahal safe k naman lalo n patrol dala m, di puede babagalbagal.
    hindi lang patrolsi Bubbles, Hammer yan.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The part that Bubbles was explaining is the center link. It handles all the steering components from steering box down to the panhard rod that is connected to the front wheels. The original has ball joints welded on a plain tube that costs 8K, replacement parts are around 4-5K. Finding an appropriate tool steel for the tube and an extra heavy duty ball joint could suffice to the whopping price tag on the original. :D

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    INIGO, as for babagalbagal. KNow that my top speed is only 90kph. don't worry before I transferred to mass communications, i was taking up engineering. Just found media more interesting. Till now, I spend time in my school's workshop helping Physics major's thesis project. The way it seems, our future Scientists don't even know how to operate a grinder.

I also spent 1 year in the US where my father was getting treatment. while i was there, I did the suspension design for the rock crawler we made. My friend is still alive and wheeling the thing.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung sinasabi ni Rod na cost-cutting method, common practice na sa mga ganyang type ng suspension. Just make sure na strong enough yung bar sa gitna na gagamitin mo.

Ok lang naman ang replacement basta correct part and from an established manufacturer. Ok din mag-fabricate as long as you know what you are doing.

Isa kasi ako sa mga taong can't afford ng orig parts so kelangan matuto ng cost cutting.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    wala naman siguro problema sa cost cutting as long as alam mo ginagawa mo. kung may pambili, wala problema!! pag wala... try to figure out kung pano mapapagana....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Tama. 35 pesos yung alambre. Priceless yung driving comforts na binibigay niya.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OEM pa rin ako. if you can afford a Patrol, I'm sure hope you can afford an OEM centerlink. safety first.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one problem with the OEM centerlink is its disposable, it has two tie-rods on it which is fixed weld at both ends of the centerlink, kung nasira na yung isang parte, obligado kang palitan ng buo, in this case cost 12.5k sa young bros sa banawe, in comparison to other vechicle that are more heavier than a safari like a truck, the centerlink has the same function BUT you could replace the tierod ends... which in case is more cheaper and perform same if not better than the OEM... i am also planning this to my safari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Safari Owners