New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My dad recently bought an X-trail 2.0 4x2 from Nissan U.N. The salesman told us all the X-trail units are factory rustproofed using body color. We saw other X-trails with black rustprooving... Now I'm Confused, fellow X-trail owners after purchasing your unit did you have it rust proofed again? or is the factory rustprooving enough? thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont rust proof it sa 3rd party, sayang pera, nagigigng source of rust pa yan... try mo search ang "aftermarket rustproofing" sa google.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why would you need to rustproof it? Will you go off-roading? :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so... ok na yung ginawa ng casa na rust proofing?

nung nagpa repaint ako ng door ko sa Rav4, included sa charges yung rust proofing...

btw, oks kaya yung Rust-O-Mizer?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    iba rustproofing sa undercoating take note.

Thanks for the reply. Well my dad thought that its not rustproofed, I told him that it is already factory rustproofed. Tama ba? Anyway whats the diff between undercoating and rustproofing? Yung sa ziebart, rustproofing ba yun or undercoat?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may factory rustproofing yung lahat ng sheet metal ng nissan..before assembly, yung shell ng car nilulublob sa pool ng rustproofing chemical tapos dina-dry..maganda ang body ng nissan..bilib ako kasi ang tagal mag rust (newer models ha)

undercoating naman yung black goo na nise-spray sa underchassis
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Is it advisable to have our car undercoated? or ok na ba yung underwash at every pms?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rustproofing is spraying an anti-corrosion agent into the hollow cavities of the vehicle. E.g. in double wall cargo beds, inside the doors, etc.

I'm no big fan of aftermarket rustproofing. Vehicles are rustproofed well enough from the factory.

And yes, aftermarket (e.g. Ziebart, Tuff Kote, etc.) rustproofing can become a source of rust if improperly applied. Usually around the areas of the pilot holes they need to drill in order to insert the probe that will deliver the agent.

Undercoating is putting a protective coat under the vehicle. Again, proper application is the key. Personally, I am for undercoating. Just make sure that the surface is properly cleaned and prepared prior to application.

Underwash is not really a problem so long as you do not use too much pressure. And wait at least a few weeks just to make sure the undercoating has cured so that it will not get peeled off with underwashing.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    question po... nung nagpa-20K check up ako sa Honda, tinanong ako kung gusto ko pa-renew ung rustproofing nung kotse.. ganun ba talaga un? sbi kse nung driver namin, isang beses lang nira-rustproof ang kotse... undercoating lang ang alam nyang pina-pacoat uli... tanong lang po..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Rustproofing an X-trail