New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My B13 needs re-painting, body repair and engine overhaul. Do you think its worth restoring?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From how you say it, the repairs might exceed the current value of a good condition 2nd hand B13.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's a B13 worth, nowadays? between 100-150k? Rust and body repair, plus painting, maybe 20k (barok) to 30k (good)... engine overhaul, will depend on what needs doing... but maybe another 30k to be sure.

It might just be too much work. If you're restoring this as a daily driver, it might not be worth it. If you're doing this just for the hell of it, because you like the ECCS, well, why not?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    if it's gonna be a car for keeps... why not?

if you are willing to spend an almost entire amount of another B13, why not?

but, the B13 is quite a hoot to drive. i still drive a 93 ECCS na barag barag (hey! it's a college war car... ;)), my cousin lets me borrow her car once in a while and the engine can still keep up with most new cars.... or maybe it's the lightweight (?)
    the overall driving experience reminds me of the City TypeZ and gen1 Vios...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if your gonna sell it then... wag na lang.

pero if you want it as a week end car, ill say go for it...

personally, i love how benz design their cars and if you want to keep the car for another 10 years or so. go go go!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    it's up to you actually. but remember, the amount you'll spend on it won't add a lot to it's sale value. so kung gagamitin mo pa naman for a few years more ok lang kung gastusan mo. in my case naman, i had a '94 corolla xl and i was about to spend for its paint and engine too kaya lang may nag offer ng '00 GLi kaya binenta ko na lang.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Kung naka pag servicio na sa iyo yan ng maganda eh dapat lang. Treat mo na lang sa kanya ang restoration works. Then i retire mo na sa garage pang pasyal na lang sa supermarket. Masarap i drive ang lumang sasakyan pag nag iisa ka, naa alala mo lahat ng kalookohan na pinag samahan nyo.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    Kung naka pag servicio na sa iyo yan ng maganda eh dapat lang. Treat mo na lang sa kanya ang restoration works. Then i retire mo na sa garage pang pasyal na lang sa supermarket. Masarap i drive ang lumang sasakyan pag nag iisa ka, naa alala mo lahat ng kalookohan na pinag samahan nyo.
    Tama.

bawat sulok meron kang maaalala. hahaha

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the replies!

Actually, i have posted it in the For Sale section here and in Nissanbayan pero wala yatang may gustong bumili...hehehe... kaya naisip ko irestore na lang.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/classifieds/...?product=20988

With all the things to be done, ok lang b to sell it for 95K?
    If the price is to much, please suggest how much should i sell it?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan_eccs View Post
    Thanks for the replies!

Actually, i have posted it in the For Sale section here and in Nissanbayan pero wala yatang may gustong bumili...hehehe... kaya naisip ko irestore na lang.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/classifieds/...?product=20988

With all the things to be done, ok lang b to sell it for 95K?
    If the price is to much, please suggest how much should i sell it?
    Unfortunately, unless the buyer is looking for a car for an engine swap project, the engine needing an overhaul would simply keep most potential buyers away.

A Sentra B13 1.6L can be bought at 100K to 120K with almost nothing to fix. An engine overhaul and a paintjob would easily cost P30k to P50k. So unless you are willing to part with your Sentra at P70k to P80k, it might be a hard sell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
To Restore My '92 B13 or Not? I Need Advice