New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    my fellow tsikoteers, ask ko lang if anyone here have experienced some problem with a 2.0 nissan x-trail. Ours kasi got engine stalled for five times to think that its only around three months-old when we bought it brand new. We're planning to file case against nissan for the return of that lemon x-trail. Will appreciate if you can share with us your bad experience with the nissan x-trail. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What was the reason for the engine stall? BTW I hope you are aware that the Philippines has no lemon laws so even if you file a case they are not required to replace the vehicle. Enough members in this forum alone have tried to get a car replaced to no avail. But who knows maybe your case will be the exception rather than the rule.
    Last edited by redorange; October 27th, 2008 at 10:35 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i have 2 friends who have the new x-trail 2.0...

one is 7mos old, and the other is 5months old...
    i asked them if they have experienced any issues with their x-trails.. but they're both very satisfied their rides..

the only complaint they have is that sometimes the A/C is a little too cold..
    but no issues...

sorry to hear you're having problems with yours..
    hope you can work it out with your dealer.

they got theirs brand new as well; one is from Mantrade, next one is from NGO, same as mine.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think meron na, I remember it was villar yata who authored it, I'm just not sure if it has been pass. and meron provision yata na repairs muna ang gagawin then after the third repair that is the time na kailagan na palitan.

sue their ass and get them to replace it with Murano

Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    What was the reason for the engine stall? BTW I hope you are aware that the Philippines has no lemon laws so even if you file a case they are not required to replace the vehicle. Enough members in this forum alone have tried to get a car replaced to no avail. But who knows maybe your case will be the exception rather than the rule.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I think meron na, I remember it was villar yata who authored it, I'm just not sure if it has been pass. and meron provision yata na repairs muna ang gagawin then after the third repair that is the time na kailagan na palitan.

sue their ass and get them to replace it with Murano
    Pimentel, Defensor-Santiago, and Villar authored it(Senate Bill 2464) and passed the Senate on 2/2007 but to my knowledge it has never been out of Congress. At this point I believe it is still a bill and not law since it hasn't been signed into law. The House has a similar bill and they were supposed to have a bicameral conference to iron out the differences so it can be sent to the President for it to be signed into law. Needless to say it's another bill that died in Congress pending in committee.

From:http://www.senate.gov.ph/press_relea...04_villar1.asp
    Go to the site and choose legislative documents and type lemon law in searches and you'll find out what happened to the law.

[QUOTE][AFTER ITS FAILURE TO PASS DURING THE 13TH CONGRESS
    Villar refiles Lemon bill, stresses need to protect car buyers

SENATE President Manny Villar refiled the bill which seeks to grant protection to buyers of motor vehicles turning out to be "lemon" or defective.

The Senate ratified the conference committee report on the measure shortly before the 13th Congress adjourned, with the House failing to follow suit.

Then consolidated Senate Bill (SB) 2464 was principally authored by Villar (SB 775) along with Sens. Aquilino Pimentel (SB 1812) and Miriam Defensor-Santiago (SB 2445).

Stressing that a motor vehicle is a major economic investment, Villar filed Senate Bill 89 or the Lemon Law entitled, "An Act providing protection and remedies to buyers of new and used motor vehicles."

"If a car turns out to be defective, the buyer will be able to get a full refund or replacement under the measure," Villar explained.

A motor vehicle is considered to be a "lemon" if it is unfit, unreliable or unsafe for ordinary use.

Under the lemon law, a car is a "lemon" if during the lemon law rights period, the said car: (1) has been subjected to repair three or more times yet the same non-conformity continues to exist; (2) the non-conformity is a serious safety defect; (3) is out of service due to repair for a cumulative total of 30 calendar days.

The lemon law rights period prescribes the time within which a consumer can report defects that significantly impair the use, market value or safety of a motor vehicle.

"Unsuspecting buyers have been victimized by false warranties, leaving them at the losing end due to the absence of a law protecting lemon car buyers," Villar said.

"We hope this bill finally makes it in the 14th Congress to ensure the protection of all car buyers in the country in the interest of fair trade," he said.
    /QUOTE]
    Last edited by redorange; October 27th, 2008 at 01:43 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post

From:http://www.senate.gov.ph/press_relea...04_villar1.asp
    Go to the site and choose legislative documents and type lemon law in searches and you'll find out what happened to the law.
    no need, I believe you!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Do you know why it stalled?

There are various issues in the US regarding the QR-series engine. Once in 2003 due to faulty catalytics (which caused engine damage) and then again back in 06 or 07... can't remember what it was.

If you're using the recommended octane and fuel for your vehicle, they should fix it under warranty. What did service say was the problem?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    for five separate times, the engine of our b/new 2.0 x-trail simply wont start. the prob was that the engine will just crank but wont start. the first time it was serviced by nissan, they just disconnected the battery and made some visual check up but no parts ever replaced after which, whoala, the engine started. regrettably, the problem recurred. on the fifth time, nissan replaced the computer controling the engine. we were told that it malfunctioned by not recognizing the engine key being put in thereby disabling the engine. well guys, we do have an existing lemon law found in art. 1561 of the civil code and the consumer act, though these laws are being strengthened by the lemon bill now being pushed by sen. roxas and villar. Under art. 1561 of the civil code, for violation of warranty against hidden defects, the buyer got two options: either to demand for reduction of the price or to return the car and get refund plus damages.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    That's disconcerting. Bakit kaya.

Baka may fuel pump problem.

You can use the media to lobby for a refund. Then bili ka ng Montero Sport or Hyundai Santa Fe. ^_^

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can demand another unit and see how that goes.

Electronics problem, sounds like... a fault in the key module and immobilizer... I guess. But to replace the entire ECU? They should have checked everything else, first...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
defects on 2.0 x-trail 2008 model