New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi, I have a 2003 N16 Exalta M/T acquired from my uncle with 140,000 kms. Engine, Aircon, Interior are excellent but am having a hard time restoring it's sedan "ride comfort."

No problem with large bumps and gallops. But irritatingly noisy on rough surface. As one of my rear passengers once commented "ramdam ko ang kalsada."

Shock absorbers had been replaced already (OEM).
    I had it checked sa casa 3 times already but they don't find anything wrong with the suspension. I have doubts on their findings though coz the rear easily bottoms with 3 rear passengers (130 pounds each).

My suspects are:
    1.) Cheap tires (KELLY)
    2.) Bushings

Please help. From the threads I could see I have a lot more to learn from you guys.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Pa check mo para sa second opinion sa Servitek ibat ibang gawaan iba ang suspect.
    Pwede rin sa design ng thread ng goma .

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you checked if the original springs have softened from use/abuse?

Also the tires would have a big difference in ride quality.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 13th, 2010 at 09:48 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    high tire pressure maybe? pag mataas kasi masyadong matigas at ramdam mo talaga ang kalsada

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nagpalit ka agad ng shocks?

check the tyres, baka manipis na. tyres get noisier and harder the more they're worn down.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi Volts,

Yep, the shocks were busted/leaking already when I acquired the car kaya inuna ko na.

Hi GhostHunter,

Yep, I could say the coil springs had been abused.
    My rear tires are worn-out; but am planning to replace them anyway. The front tires are relatively new (Kelly Charger 185/65R14); would changing tire brand help?

Anyone had the chance to compare 195/65R14 versus 185/65R14 in terms of comfort?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOcampo View Post
    Hi GhostHunter,

Yep, I could say the coil springs had been abused.
    My rear tires are worn-out; but am planning to replace them anyway. The front tires are relatively new (Kelly Charger 185/65R14); would changing tire brand help?
    Different tires can have different rolling performance.

You can try Dunlop SP Sports line of tires. Not as much road noise nor road vibration transmitted to the chassis.

Anyone had the chance to compare 195/65R14 versus 185/65R14 in terms of comfort?
    For the same tire brand/model, not much difference. The 195/65R14 would just ride a touch taller than the 185/65R14.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi,

Just to update you guys. I replaced both of my rear tires (Kelly 185/65-14) and ride has improved. Wala na yung tagtag sa likuran...

Eto lang, mas naririnig ko na ngayon yung suspension sa harapan kapag nalulubak. ganun ba talaga kadala makapasok ang sound sa cabin natin?

Anyway, I think I saw a thread with this similar concern. Might as well follow that. Thank you guys! Godbless!

Project: Kalampag