New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sirs, what maybe the reason behind this? When I turn on the engine there's a loud weird sound (ang tunog ay parang tunog ng inistart na kotse habang buhay ang makina) but the engine won't start (as in i-start ko pa lang may ganun ng tunog at ayaw umandar makina). It usually happens when I try to start my car that is tilted to the side (usually left nakatilt yung parking) and when trying to start after parking in reverse. (ibig ko sabihin nagpark ako pareverse then pinatay agad makina ng di nirerebolusyon).

I just feel na siguro dahil naka-tilt walang mahigop na gas, or yung pag-reverse ko matakaw sa gas. Pero naiistart ko rin naman after a few tries and after pumping the gas for a few seconds.

Ano kaya dapat ko ipa-check dito mga boss? Nakakatakot kasi yung sound malakas at parang kinakatay na baboy!

Car is Nissan Sentra GX 1.3L A/T

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If its like a "whirr" or "hisss" sound and comes from the rear of the car, that may be the fuel pump. Normally it sounds when you put the ignition to "on", which is a sign that the pump is pressuring up to start the engine.

Do you keep an ample fuel level on your car or laging malapit sa "e"?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^I don't really know where the sound originates as it is too loud and high-pitched to pinpoint the exact location, but I assume it's coming from the engine room. And yes, laging halos ubos ang gas ko (umiilaw ng yellow) bago ako magpakarga, di po ba maganda yun?

Someone also told me na baka 'timing' daw (yung daw di sabay ang bigay ng electric current at gas), turn on ko lang daw then wait for at least 5 seconds before turning the key again for ignition. Rarely happens naman pero pag nangyari nakakatakot, yung tunog parang inistart habang buhay ang engine.

Problem in Starting