New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hi to everyone! I am a frequent reader of this site, but have never posted before. This is really very helpful specially for guys like me, who don't know much about cars. I am planning to trade our 2005 Crosswind XUVi to 2005 X-trail 200x (4x4). I only have two reason, I find my crosswind "slow" and also because its a diesel and I don't want to be caught one of this days by the anti-smoke belching folks. I made a mistake in buying this in the first place.. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

I have 3 questions, 1. What would be the best or atleast fair price for my Crosswind? Its XUVi, AT, 22Km with minimum scratches, 2.what would be the fair price for X-train, 200x, 4x4, 18Km, with minimum scratches, and 3. what would I look for with the x-trail before buying it? Like is there a known defect of this car that I should be aware of? Thanks alot for the help.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Check mo baka may tope sound yung xtrail. Yung xtrail ng dad ko meron tope na sound esp if your on an incline. We went to the dealership and complained it hindi nila ma ayos.

Quote Originally Posted by SuvFan View Post
    Hi to everyone! I am a frequent reader of this site, but have never posted before. This is really very helpful specially for guys like me, who don't know much about cars. I am planning to trade our 2005 Crosswind XUVi to 2005 X-trail 200x (4x4). I only have two reason, I find my crosswind "slow" and also because its a diesel and I don't want to be caught one of this days by the anti-smoke belching folks. I made a mistake in buying this in the first place.. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

I have 3 questions, 1. What would be the best or atleast fair price for my Crosswind? Its XUVi, AT, 22Km with minimum scratches, 2.what would be the fair price for X-train, 200x, 4x4, 18Km, with minimum scratches, and 3. what would I look for with the x-trail before buying it? Like is there a known defect of this car that I should be aware of? Thanks alot for the help.
    if you find the xwind to be slow then maybe a Forester would suit your needs. regarding the smoke belching. We have a 2001 unit and up to now hindi pa nahuhuli kahit once coz of smoke belching and always more than pasado sa Opacity results sa testing center. We use B1 na diesel.

Hope you dont mind the side comments. For prices of both vehicles your asking, check out http://buyandsellph.com. Why not the new CRV if you prefer petrol engines? RAV4 or the new Vitara perhaps?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT lang po. Sana nag test drive kayo ng Crosswind bago n'yo binili.

BTQ. I heared that the x-trail is thirst on fuel, and has better 4x4 system than CRV. What I don't like on the X-trail is when fully seated, the rear end tend to sag agressively. Pangit tuloy tignan ang porma pag tumatakbo or at standstill.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hmm... Di pa naman ako nahuli but I failed the test last registration. Regular naman maintenance ko ( every 5thou km). Sa Yokohama Makro Cainta ako nagpapaservice. Yep, I am also considering other Compact SUV ( CR-V, Outlander, Tucson and Rav4 ) as long as they are petrol. Pero as much as possible 2nd hand sana, mga 2004 pataas. Thanks for the comment. :-)

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01 View Post
    OT lang po. Sana nag test drive kayo ng Crosswind bago n'yo binili.

BTQ. I heared that the x-trail is thirst on fuel, and has better 4x4 system than CRV. What I don't like on the X-trail is when fully seated, the rear end tend to sag agressively. Pangit tuloy tignan ang porma pag tumatakbo or at standstill.
    Yep, I read the X-trail thread maximum is 7km/liter ata. But hindi ba halos lahat naman ng SUV ganun? Cr-v, Rav4 and Outlander? Di ko napapansin na nagsasag ung Rear end.. Masisira nga porma, but most of the time I'll be using it alone going to the office lang. Mostly I am concerned is getting a good deal in selling my crosswind and buying a new one. Thanks for the comment..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think one of the things one should accept when wanting a compact SUV is it will consume more gas than a sedan or diesel powered AUV. That really comes with the car, its comfortable and looks nice because its bigger than a sedan but it also needs a bigger engine.
    SUV fan baka naman sinadya kang ibagsak dun sa emission testing para ma refer ka nila sa sarili nilang talyer?
    Anyway, if I were you I will consider the 04 CRV instead of the x-trail. In the long-term resale value wise the CRV will probably be better than the x-trail

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    I think one of the things one should accept when wanting a compact SUV is it will consume more gas than a sedan or diesel powered AUV. That really comes with the car, its comfortable and looks nice because its bigger than a sedan but it also needs a bigger engine.
    SUV fan baka naman sinadya kang ibagsak dun sa emission testing para ma refer ka nila sa sarili nilang talyer?
    Anyway, if I were you I will consider the 04 CRV instead of the x-trail. In the long-term resale value wise the CRV will probably be better than the x-trail
    I agree, and I am getting ready to visit the gas stations more frequent. I like the CR-V, pero parang kulang sya sa porma but you have a very good point. Thank you!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good decision there!

I am no fan of XUVs / Sportivos due to its slow as molasses acceleration (C! pegs its 0-100kph at 33 seconds!) :rofl01:

If you want good fuel consumption from a compact SUV, find one with a manual transmission. The CR-V A/T AFAIK consumes the worse (some report of a 4km/L reading during rush hours). The most fuel efficient (circa 2004) is the Rav4 SV 1.8L 4x2 M/T (city is 10km/L).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    the only problem that i encountered with the xtrail is that yung plastics nya sa loob mabilis magasgas and for some reason mas ok siya if you just use unleaded fuel instead of the high octane ones like v power xcs and blaze ... kaya tumotope yung iba kasi nag fofoul yung plugs niya caused by the fuel ... but if you use unleaded lang ... it wont have any problems ... i f i were you if you are not going to use the 4x4 mechanism ... just get the 200 model .. its more fuel efficient than the 200x coz mas magaan yet you still get everything from the 200x exept the 4x4 mechanism .. it gets around 8km/l

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Planning to trade Crosswind to X-Trail