New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi All,

I was set on buying a second-hand Hilux or Fortuner but the Toyota thread gave me doubts on getting a Toyota D4D. Now I'm considering a 2nd-hand Xtrail, 2006 and up na 250X A/T. I haven't read any alarming problems from the Nissan section about the vehichle and everyone I know who owns one tells me that they are very happy with their units. From what I read, the Xtrail sounds like a better option than a CRV or RAV4.

Would you say that this is a better choice over the Toyota D4D or the CRV and RAV4? I will be using it for my daily Paranaque to New Manila commute and out of town trips during weekends - carrying cargo on the roof and the back. Gas consumption issues? What should I look for when checking a 2nd hand unit? Thanks for your answers = )

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckieholic View Post
    Hi All,

I was set on buying a second-hand Hilux or Fortuner but the Toyota thread gave me doubts on getting a Toyota D4D. Now I'm considering a 2nd-hand Xtrail, 2006 and up na 250X A/T. I haven't read any alarming problems from the Nissan section about the vehichle and everyone I know who owns one tells me that they are very happy with their units. From what I read, the Xtrail sounds like a better option than a CRV or RAV4.

Would you say that this is a better choice over the Toyota D4D or the CRV and RAV4? I will be using it for my daily Paranaque to New Manila commute and out of town trips during weekends - carrying cargo on the roof and the back. Gas consumption issues? What should I look for when checking a 2nd hand unit? Thanks for your answers = )
    why not buy a 2nd hand VVTI 2.7 Fortuner? dont gamble for D4D engines ng toyota hehe.

Xtrail, hmm, what can you say about it's aircon, it's Nissan.
    FC lang bad side ng Xtrail but aside from that, I think it is a good buy hehe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    Worried about FC cost? You can always convert it to run on Auto-LPG. Same power and fuel mileage but at a much much cheaper price. P21/L for LPG.

With Auto-LPG, you can use either gasoline or LPG. Just press a button to choose.

Nissan X-Trail, drives & rides just like a car. No bouncey-bouncey about it.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    why not buy a 2nd hand VVTI 2.7 Fortuner? dont gamble for D4D engines ng toyota hehe.

I find the Fortuner bouncy compared to the Xtrail, no complaints on the cabin space tho. Is it a better buy than the Xtrail?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    we have the 250X... and all i can say is... we should have gotten a Tribute or Escape instead before...

interior: looks cheap... all you can see is plastic...

fc: it's a gas guzzler...

aircon: it's not the best considering it's a Nissan...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    being a pajero diehard fanatic, i will suggest a pajero fieldmaster with the 4m40 powerplant. what can i say, there are only two kinds of suv for me... it's pajero and the others

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    gud pm sir,van na lng ang bilhin mo toyota commuter un maluwag cgrado.dami mo p maisasakay,tapos diesel pa.tipid ka pa sa gas

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Xtrail drives like a car, well yeah. A friend of mine has it, the only complain that im hearing from him is it's very bad FC. about 6-7km/l.

Why not consider an innova? or an avanza ( magkano ba 2nd hand nito ngayon )?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Got my 250X yesterday, its all good at the moment. Engine, aircon, suspension are doing pretty well. My problem now is finding a pair of crossbars for the hyper rail. Does anyone know where I can get them and any idea how much? If there are other brands that can fit crossbars onto the hyper rail please let me know.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Planning to Get an Xtrail