New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    mbt -- completo nga ang mideast specs. the engine is also a TD but the number for the gas engine. nakalimutan ko lang ang exact number but i had a mechanic from nissan motors check it and fit na fit yung TD diesel engine, grrrr if only the mileage is better

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    eh di don't use it as a daily driver. If you spend 100k for a diesel engine and plus the hassle. Do you think after one year you have spent 100k worth of gas? If you did spend 100k worth of gas, does this mean diesel spent 0 pesos of gas?

By the time you have spend the same amount of gas to equilize the swap engine plus use of the diesel engine ilang years pa iyan. I was in the same predicament with Terrano I got, its in very good condition. But its gas. My mom just told me, go buy it I dont go out naman. Enjoy the car. Besides she thinks that my Papa's turbo diesel Terrano is noisy. Pati sabi niya when the time comes I can always merge my Terrano with my Papa's Terrano.... hehehe. Ngayon JDM look ang local Terrano ko, after a while pati engine and brakes JDM na rin

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    jkyamog -- kaya lang with a ride like that, ang sarap dahil sa probinsya at, of course, off road :D

talagang itong presyo ng gas oh, grrrrr :mad:

hahahaha

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung sa probinsiya ang gamit ok lang dahil wala naman traffic sa province.

im sure sariwa pa yan kasi bihira lang ang laspag ng gas fed SUV dahil hindi masyado gamitin.

think it over pre, i did

i was juggling between a 97 trooper diesel and a 97 gas trooper (cheaper by 48K)

i chose the diesel.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I rode one of those gas models before and they were quite fast...

If you want to do a diesel swap, i do think Jappy can help you. He helped me before when i was looking for a TD42 engine for a friend of mine.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    magkano ba, ballpark figure, ang selling price. i think the selling price will be the ultimate criteria to decide if it is worth it kasi you can compare it to a diesel SUV of the same value. tapos ang matitipid mo, tago mo na lang for gas.

ako naman, i live in the province also and kaya ko sana gawin daily driver ang F150, it was the cost of parts and maintennance that forced me to shift to a Pajero.

andy

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    luckytruck -- selling price is about 500T. i was also checking what 4x4 you can buy for this ballpark price kaya lang karamihan mga converted :sigh:

medyo hindi ako convinced sa safety ng mga converted na units

paano ba ma contact is jappy para makakuha ng quotation sa kanya?

grabe, napaka helpful ninyo mga pre. thanks a lot talaga

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    kung 500 thousand, ok na siguro. baka ma tawaran mo yan ng 450, tapos, buy and install a TD42TD (turbo) for a total of 150,000. wild na yung patrol mo, parang land cruiser na yan humatak

andy

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    :D :D :D :D :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ehem madaling sabihin ang engine swap, pero masakit din sa ulo at sa bulsa yan, kung medyo may sablay ang gawa.

at 500K just a little more may mid-to-late-90s SUV LHD ka na if you know where and how to look. i know someone sold his 96 pajero at 580K (116K mileage)
    also a-mid safari patrol (93-95) ay under 500K na lan, IF you know where and how to look

now if you really want a V6 powered SUV
    i suggest mag LC80 gas fed ka na lang 550K to 650K depende sa options

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
patrol flat roof -- need advise