New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    help me po ano po ba afordable at magandang pangtaxi

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    go for vios n lng fuel efficient....tska un parts availability sbra rmi..hehe un lang payo ko.. tska mas mura parts ng toyota.kc un s sentra un kaha malaki kaso s hatakan dw mahina bec. of the weight. tska un fuel nya talo compare s vios

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Although VIOS might get better fuel mileage in ideal conditions, in the real world stop & go traffic conditions in Manila would result in a fuel mileage almost similar to what you would get in a Sentra.

The nissan sentra is spacious inside, cheap to buy brand new (less than 600K) and yet as reliable as any other japanese car which makes it ideal for taxi use. Spare parts costs about the same as other brands.

Nissan Sentras are also commonly converted to auto-LPG so it would be no problem finding a good auto-lpg installer with experience on this car.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    a taxi driver once told me that they had a nissan sentra (current model) in their fleet. but after 2 years of use daw, bumigay yung suspension, di daw matibay... di ko alam kung anong klaseng torture ang dinaanan ng taxi na yun.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    tnx po sa mga reply nyo, balak ko po kc kumuha ng isang unit pangtaxi, gusto ko po masiguro na yung aking maliit na puhunan eh may mapuntahan.... thanks po uli

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    welcome po. suggest ko, try checking:

>hyundai accent 1.5 GL, around 680k, diesel fed, can do 20km/l accdg. to some tests, nakakakita na rin ako ng mga taxi na ganito, di ko lang sure kung tatagal gaya ng toyota.

>toyota avanza 1.3 J, ang alam ko po may version ito na 5 seater lang, specialized for the taxi crowd, may large space for cargo pa kasi wala na yung 3rd row.

>toyota vios 1.3 J, matipid, madami na din naglilipina na taxi nito.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Based on personal experience, yep kahinaan ang suspension. Pero pagkabili mo naman kasi e you've got plenty of time to check kung mahina yung mabibili mo. Lalagatok yan agad. Dalhin mo sa casa. Typical diyan na lumalagatok e either dahil sa wheel bearing OR brake caliper.

Pero aside from that, maintenance costs palang I think e panalo ka na sa Sentra. Daily driver ko e Sentra GSX na 1.6, at regular 5km checkups costs only P1,600 and major ones costs less than 5/6.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The suspension thingy that I dont know, coz my aunt is in the taxi buss. she has 5 sentras and 3 vios... so far mas ok for her yung sentra, not issue na dito yung fuel coz it's all converted to LPG as required and as Sir GhostHunter stated bale wala na yun sa situation natin sa metro. Ang experience kasi ng drivers is that people get to choose to ride the sentra than the vios, maybe bec. of the comfort and space.

And our local airport preferred to use the sentra than the li'l vios as their Taxi service according to my Aunt. They chose the sentra for it's more appealing look and comfort than the smaller vios, coz they are catering foreigners and they need to be comfortable and as we all know some of our visitors are huge. See those shiny bright yellow sentra taxis? airport service yun.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ra_supremo View Post
    help me po ano po ba afordable at magandang pangtaxi
    Get the Hyundai Accent... fuel consumption is 20.4kilometer per liter

source: http://www.motioncars.com

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    +1 on the Nissan Sentra. Looks elegant for a taxi and with proper maintenance, your investment will go a loooong way!

The Toyota Vios looks too common and cheap IMHO.

ok na pang taxi ang sentra?