New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    According to Nissan, economy cars don’t have to look boring anymore. In an attempt to deliver go fast style at an affordable rate the Japanese automaker is introducing their newest edition to the Sentra family. The latest of seven available Sentra options, the SR model, combines the physical attributes of the high-performance SE-R and 200 HP Spec V models at a price only $1000 above the base model Sentra, the FE+ 2.0 that comes with 15 inch steelies and no ABS.
    The car is officially known as the Nissan Sentra FE+ 2.0 SR and is scheduled to go on sale nationwide on April 17th of this year. Priced at only $17,760 the SR model costs the same at the well optioned FE+ 2.0 S that comes with a continuously variable transmission.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/nissan/...r-ar71700.html

Last edited by alainroyce; March 16th, 2009 at 02:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    looking on the pics, it's still based on the C platform which still looks boring
    also, i doubt if they will ship this version here in our shores. NMPI has been following the Yulon series in its sedans..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    also, i doubt if they will ship this version here in our shores.
    True, the North American Sentra is for the North American market, if sold here the USDM Sentra would be more expensive than its Asian made competitors.
    The current gen USDM Sentra was actually launched back in 2006 for the 2007MY.

Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    NMPI has been following the Yulon series in its sedans..
    But unlike Yulon, NMPI is still stuck with the ancient Sentra.

In Taiwan, the Sentra was replaced by the Tiida and the longer more upmarket Bluebird Sylphy.
    Last edited by AG4; March 17th, 2009 at 06:16 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    oyy.. wag ka namang ganyan.. kahit ancient yan, maganda naman a! ciempre lab your own!

Nissan Malaysia still carries the N16 Gen2 even if they have the Latio and Sylphy already.. I think that is wise because the Latio is smaller than the Sentra (my roommate before has one now in Malaysia) and the Sylphy isn't quite the Cefiro/Teana in treats/features but is as pricey.

Official 2009 Nissan Sentra FE+ 2.0 SR