New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 390 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    hi guys! we plan to get an x-trail...of course i want the 250x for the 180hp engine but my dad says we don't need 4wd in the city...

what are the main differences of the 200 and 200x? convince me to settle for one of these instead of the 250x...thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Yep. City driving kami madalas. And it does not help that our bldg has a rather steep parking and nasa 4th floor pa yung slot namin. so everytime park talagang mabigat ang apak sa gas. would driving in O/D off mode help decrease gas consumption?

Thanks nga pala sa lahat ng nagreply. Ngayon lang ako nagkaroon ng time eh.

Yeah, I agree with the plastics being easily scratched part. So talagang extra careful dun. Another surprise you will get when you own an xtrail is that you can't lower the passenger mirrors more than half way dun sa 2nd row na seats. As in hindi mo nga mailalabas yung ulo mo dun

Another observation is, yung center armrest niya is too far back to be used as an armrest. Maybe it was designed with a hell of a lot taller guys to use I have to push the seat all the way back to really get to rest my hands on that thing which of course i won't do.

with regards to the 4x2 as opposed to the 4x4, the question really is whether you need the 4x4. In our case, it really is just city driving all the time and a few trips to the province in a year. We've survived without 4x4 for since we got our first car which was a vanette around 90's and I dare say we can live without it for a few more years too

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Kingmarc: If you're going for the 200 or 200X, don't sit on the 250X and listen to the music and test drive. Believe me, there's no turning back. hehehe....
    From what I have gathered (from about 4 Xtrail owners and the casa boys) the 2.5li model consumes less than the 2li one in general. Some say it's because you don't have to shove your foot too much to get the performance you want. Others say it's because of the difference in the torque-speed characteristic (which supports the other argument I might say). Some talk about power:weight ratio. Whatever it is, throwing in the extra 100k is well worth it.
    From a petrol consumption point of view, there is considerable payback... to the tune of 5yrs, depending on how much you use it. But the intangible benefit is what makes it cool. Imagine operating in the 5000+ rpm range? hehehehe....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Driving with the O/D off will INCREASE gas consumption as it will lock out your top gear (the overdrive gear). Thus, your vehicle cannot shift into the highest gear and will be running at higher revs.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Originally posted by kingmarc
    hi guys! we plan to get an x-trail...of course i want the 250x for the 180hp engine but my dad says we don't need 4wd in the city...

what are the main differences of the 200 and 200x? convince me to settle for one of these instead of the 250x...thanks!

The differences between 200 (base model) and the 200X, would be that the 200X:

* has 4WD system
    * front fog lamps
    * 100k pesos more

If you will use the car purely for city driving, then the 200 model would do.

The 250X has:
    * 2.5-liter engine, 180-hp (vs. 2.0-liter 150-hp of the 200/200X)
    * has 4WD system
    * front fog lamps
    * leather interior
    * center arm rest
    * additional cup holders
    * power folding side mirrors
    * automatic climate control system
    * 6 in-dash CD system, 6 speakers with steering wheel controls
    * 200k pesos more than the 200
    Last edited by stormrider; April 6th, 2004 at 02:06 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cheap tip:

Nissan Frontier fog lamps will fit X-Trails. Although I don't think X-trail dealers stock Frontier fog lamps since the Frontier is sold by UMC (along with the other diesels and SUV's). Not thru NMPI like the X-trail.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just got our xtrail 200 yesterday..dang scary yung gas consumption stories dito a! libre foglights, stepboard and tint

heres my personal pros and cons..

pros: ganda response ng accelerator (compared to our crv 4x2)
    ride is a bit better than our crv 4x2..about the same with crv 4x2 5 seater)
    styling is nice
    seats are nice (sporty dating)

cons: steering is very soft..
    glove box hard to close..kailangan i-slam na tulakin pa
    hirap tantsahin yung nose..

yun lang as of now..scary gas consumption talaga..shouldve pushed my dad to get a tribby :/
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    caloyski... kung ganun din naman ang gas consumption, dapat nag V6 Tribute ka na!!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo nga e..didnt do my research dito sa tsikot before telling my dad :/ we had nissans din naman before, sedans nga lang..inexpect ko na same lang..hehehe
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    caloyski, na excite yata kayo masyado eh... hehehe...

btw, anong itsura ng dash? from the pictures parang hindi ako gaano nagagandahan... parang jurassic ang dating sa akin kasi...

Nissan Xtrail Owners: Questions and stuff