New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ask ko lang mga vanette/largo/serena owner peeps kung panu nyu madedescribe ang vanette/largo/serena nyo....

may be it local, usdm, or jdm...gas or diesel..manual or auto...4wd or not...good or bad..from stock to set-up..just about anything on your vanette ownership experience.

thanx guyz in advance.....

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I did not do anything with my '98 Vanette, local version. Its all stock except for the audio setup.. took out the crapy stock kenwood speakers and have installed Kicker speakers. Sounds really nice now! Planning to put 16 inch mags with 50/205 rubbers.

The engine still runs great. Ang lakas pa rin ng hatak specially on incline roads but speaking of fuel economy it is really thirsty on fuel for city driving 6.5 to 7.5 km per litre..heheh and around 12 to 13 on highways. "Uhaw sa fuel ang Nissan" compared to other makes...as what other Nissan owners i know and have said.hehe I agree as well. I guess thats why nissan's vehicles resale value is very low. Umamin na tayo mga Nissan owners, aminin na natin na uhaw talaga sa fuel ang Nissan natin compared to other makes like honda, mitsubishi and toyota!hehehe..
    Performance wise hindi naman nagpapahuli ang Nissan sa toyota. I will still keep my Vanette...malayo na kasi ang pinagsamahan namin e, may value sa akin ang Vanette ko.

The only thing that is busted on my Vanette is the windshield washer(sprayer) and the speedometer..have to change the cable on that one.
    Last edited by tuneinlito; October 27th, 2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: misspelled words

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    my '93 vanette still works well. roadworthy pa rin. durable talaga ang nissan vanette. my vanette reaches now 299K+ mileage (grabe na serbisyo) pero maganda pa takbo. i had it tested on smoke emission last week because due na sya for registration. Result for carbon reading was 0.28 and HC was 33 on XCS fuel. proper maintenance lang tatagal pa buhay ng vanette natin. medyo kailangan na lang ulit magpa repaint nang vanette ko and some body works, lolo na rin eh..hehe..all stock pa rin. evaporator lang sa harap ang nabago but malakas pa rin naman aircon kahit tanghali. i had installed vacuum sensor on intake manifold for automatic shutoff of idle solenoid during deceleration as with the EFI design so medyo nabawasan consumption on normal city driving. ok na rin, 10 km/l lang average.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shauskie View Post
    my '93 vanette still works well. roadworthy pa rin. durable talaga ang nissan vanette. my vanette reaches now 299K+ mileage (grabe na serbisyo) pero maganda pa takbo. i had it tested on smoke emission last week because due na sya for registration. Result for carbon reading was 0.28 and HC was 33 on XCS fuel. proper maintenance lang tatagal pa buhay ng vanette natin. medyo kailangan na lang ulit magpa repaint nang vanette ko and some body works, lolo na rin eh..hehe..all stock pa rin. evaporator lang sa harap ang nabago but malakas pa rin naman aircon kahit tanghali. i had installed vacuum sensor on intake manifold for automatic shutoff of idle solenoid during deceleration as with the EFI design so medyo nabawasan consumption on normal city driving. ok na rin, 10 km/l lang average.
    How much did the vacuum sensor cost you...plus the labor? Humina ba hatak, hindi nagbago hatak? Where did you buy the vacuum sensor? Your reply is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tuneinlito; October 30th, 2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: mispelled

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tuneinlito View Post
    How much did the vacuum sensor cost you...plus the labor? Humina ba hatak, hindi nagbago hatak? Where did you buy the vacuum sensor? Your reply is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    lito, i dont know the actual price of the sensor i've got cause it was just given to me by my friend. it's an obsolete part, nagpalit ng upgrade version kaya hiningi ko na lang. walang epekto sa hatak, same lang kasi hindi naman magkakaron ng vac leak. the way it works is it just senses the engine vac pressure then uses the output to control the carb idle fuel circuit during deceleration. mas efficient kaysa sa mga "airbleeder na gas saver". another use is for engine tuning. ako lang din nag-install sa van so hindi ko alam kung meron din yung ibang carby na sasakyan. anyway, you can try SMC or SUNX brand ng negative pressure sensors. browse mo sa net muna. same features and function ng ginamit ko.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I have a 98 Vanette and this is my "favorite" from our current lot of 5 vehicles (the rest are A/Ts, models 2005 and 2009 - paborito pa rin kahit mas luma sa kanila.... ). Our Vanette is strictly stock, no modification. Makupad sa arangkada, mabilis sa rekta - low speed ang transmission,- pero it gets the job done for me... Also, it can only do between 6 to 7.5Km/L.

8900:painting:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Just got my Nissan Serena '04 qrvr a couple of weeks ago..Of course im not the original owner kaya nagsisimula pa kong ipa-repair yung mga defects...Sariwa pa kc kaya ko na tipuhan except dun sa transmission na ayaw mag shift (3rd gear lang)..Anyway nandun na sa nissan mantrade and assuming na minimal lang sana ang damage..

First time kong magka Nissan pero ibang iba talaga ang acu nito compare sa toyota ,Mitsubishi,hyundai and kia ko..At 55k mileage super fine ang engine ,3 mechanic na ang tumingin sa engine ko before kong bilhin and all they said is "the engine is in very good condition"..Siguro what i like in my Serena is the instrumentation,mga digitals kasi,two sliding doors yun nga lang medyo makipot yung pasukan sa third row, and the handling ,para kalang nag da-drive ng kotse kc hindi sya wide body compared to starex.
    Fuel comsumptions n/a, kasi may problema pa tranny ko eh of course medyo malakas sa gas.. I let you know after ma fix na sa casa.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Fuel consumption is comparable to an expedition. Around 4-5km/l - City Driving. Worst maybe 3km/l.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tuneinlito View Post
    I did not do anything with my '98 Vanette, local version. Its all stock except for the audio setup.. took out the crapy stock kenwood speakers and have installed Kicker speakers. Sounds really nice now! Planning to put 16 inch mags with 50/205 rubbers.

The engine still runs great. Ang lakas pa rin ng hatak specially on incline roads but speaking of fuel economy it is really thirsty on fuel for city driving 6.5 to 7.5 km per litre..heheh and around 12 to 13 on highways. "Uhaw sa fuel ang Nissan" compared to other makes...as what other Nissan owners i know and have said.hehe I agree as well. I guess thats why nissan's vehicles resale value is very low. Umamin na tayo mga Nissan owners, aminin na natin na uhaw talaga sa fuel ang Nissan natin compared to other makes like honda, mitsubishi and toyota!hehehe..
    Performance wise hindi naman nagpapahuli ang Nissan sa toyota. I will still keep my Vanette...malayo na kasi ang pinagsamahan namin e, may value sa akin ang Vanette ko.

The only thing that is busted on my Vanette is the windshield washer(sprayer) and the speedometer..have to change the cable on that one.
    lito, saan ka naka bili ng speedometer cable, naputol rin yung sa vanette ko, may alam ka ba gumagawa ng sliding door, hindi na maglapat may gap na eh.......

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shauskie View Post
    sir shauskie, pls paturo naman pano mag install ng vacuum sensor and kung san nakakabili ng sensor. thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan Vanette/Largo/serena queries