New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Could this be a worthy successor to our tough and reliable MB100? Any comments and opinions as well as experiences with this van are most welcome. How much are these things, btw?

Our MB100 is far from retiring. But one of my uncles is eyeing to purchase it. If it pushes through, we need another 10-12 seat van to replace it. I don't think CMC sells MB100's anymore so we have to shop elsewhere.

Thanks!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    pare why dont you check out the new Hi-ACE?? I think its a great van. kaso Commuter palang.. wla pang Grandia version...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tep,

hanap ka nalang ng magandang pre-owned mercedes vito L hehe :D

new urvan estate is at P1,500,000. yung hiace commuter nasa P1,048,000 na, what more pa yung grandia hehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    pwede na ung commuter!! matibay pa un for sure Toyots eh.. we currently have a Grandia 99 and it ok siya wla namang problema, reliable talaga. Served us well through the years mapa beach o baguio. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I pursuaded my better half's lola to get one before (Urvan Estate). In fact nabangga ako ng bus sa EDSA right after picking it up sa dealer (that was almost two years ago).... changed the rear tailgate (buti insured) and it was ready to go with no other damage or rattles.

Pros:
    - the engine (fast and torquey bugger)... so far no problems (but the van has only run about 20,000km to date... pang out-of-town lang).
    - leg space is above average no cramped legs here... (no comparison to the MB 100 space though).
    - the brochure claims it has a front impact zone (yung nguso niya)
    - light and easy to drive once you've gotten a hang of the length
    - headlights give good illumination (ok for night driving when you're going out of town).

Cons:
    - the ride is on the bouncy side at the rear if you're used to the Grandia and MB100.
    - no ABS or airbags
    - lousy sound system
    - the interior is plasticky and bare if you were to compare it to the plush interior of the old Grandia.
    - the trunk space is small if you have the rearmost seat in use.
    - Rear vision is impaired by the rearmost seat when it's in use (more then half of the window is blocked by the seatback).

I would buy that type of van if i had to but maybe you could also try researching on the future of the Hiace upgrades... the Commuter series now is just too bare and uncomfy with it's current seating arrangement.
    Last edited by vinj; June 6th, 2005 at 10:02 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mbt: hirap yata maghanap ng used vito l na for sale. nag-abang ako sa mga classifieds for three months nung 2003 eh wala talaga. ewan ko na lang ngayon.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Masyadong bare yung Commuter. It makes the MB100 feel like a luxury car. At that price, you don't even get a rear wiper and alloy wheels.

Mukhang hold on na lang kami sa MB100 in the meantime. Wala na palang ok na maxi-van nowadays.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hintay nalang ng Grandia version.. or Previa?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    OTEP kanina while driving along west service road nakakita ako ng GL at commuter ng Hiace and to my suprise parang masmalapad ang GL compared to commuter am i hallucinating?? or something pls confirm naman ohhhh

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are Vito L's on sale from time to time... really cheap. I heard though from some parties that they had more problems then the MB100.

The Hiace GL should be coming out soon AFAIK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Nissan Urvan Grand Estate...