New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    gud pm po mga sir,im planning to buy nissan urvan masikip n kc ung kotse and i got 2 kids.sir tatanong ko lng kung maganda b ang makina nya unlike dun sa D4D ng toyota.anu po b ang mga problems ng nissan urvan?thanks po

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shumaker66 View Post
    gud pm po mga sir,im planning to buy nissan urvan masikip n kc ung kotse and i got 2 kids.sir tatanong ko lng kung maganda b ang makina nya unlike dun sa D4D ng toyota.anu po b ang mga problems ng nissan urvan?thanks po
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TXT format.

The RULES:
    [/SIZE]

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/annou....php?f=76&a=19

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Nissan Urvan engine has not changed thru the years. I guess it's one strategy Nissan is doing to could competitively price it's commercial van particularly against the L300 Versa Van.

But unlike the L300 VV, I have not heard of any negative feedback on its engine's performance. Quite frankly, amongst the non-commonrail/turbo diesel engines in the market, it's the closest to ISUZU's 4JA1 engine in terms of durability and reliability.

PS. And yes, please don't use SMS-type of messages in the forum.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We use 'em as ambulances running hard and on-call 24/7 with somewhat limited maintenance. But they hang on.

Everything feels old/dated on the units but everything is functional. It's like 1986 all over again when I ride the Urvan.

At least it has a good level of standard equipment like foglamps, cornering lamps (the parklight on the side you are signalling towards turns bright to help guide you as you corner), alloy wheels (on most variants), seatbelts for everyone (on most variants), etc.

No power windows and only the tailgate has power locking.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    drives like a tractor, somewhat underpowered in my opinion.

L300 has a softer ride. the urvan is a truly commercial van.

longevity, panalo nissan. ride and driving dynamics, L300 for me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not much rust issues for the later model Urvans also.

Yep medyo bitin sa power, adequate lang for 120kph.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    [SIZE=3]How true is it that URVAN 2.7 15 seaters is better than 18 seaters when it comes to mechanical power? Sabi nila parang hirap na hirap na daw ang makina pag 18 na ang laman despite that the van is really design for 18.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]We are planning to franchise kasi and still thinking kung kukuha pa kami ng urvan with 18seaters, but if that would cause trouble sa engine then baka 15 na lang ang kunin. Insights naman po.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Thank you[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by napadpad_lang View Post
    [SIZE=3]How true is it that URVAN 2.7 15 seaters is better than 18 seaters when it comes to mechanical power? Sabi nila parang hirap na hirap na daw ang makina pag 18 na ang laman despite that the van is really design for 18.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]We are planning to franchise kasi and still thinking kung kukuha pa kami ng urvan with 18seaters, but if that would cause trouble sa engine then baka 15 na lang ang kunin. Insights naman po.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Thank you[/SIZE]
    In my opinion the Urvan is the vehicle of choice of most Shuttle operators. The 15-seater is basically used as an 18 seater (2-4-4-4-4), passengers who are all forward facing. and you wont make money if you will just load 15 passengers if you use this variant. The VX18 has a different seating configuration for the rear seats, and seats 18 passengers, 4 passengers on each side facing each other like in the jeepney. One advantage of the VX18 is that it has an added leaf spring on each side. For long term use of the 15-seat configuration, you will need to add an additional leaf springs or use helper springs.

One complaint though on brand new Urvans, they still come with cassette tape players.

Both models still use the same engine. TD27.
    Last edited by Benji_DCP; January 29th, 2010 at 09:31 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I just visited the Nissan-Universal motor dealer yesterday, saw one of the VX18 Urvans and I saw that they are now fitted with CD/MP3 head units. At last! after more than a decade, they finally run-out of Cassette/Tape head units.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pioneer 1050 na ang head units ngayon. Saw it on the newest Urvan ambulance

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
nissan urvan, is it a good van?